Would you pay monthly for certain features

Nickx86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
No, I go aftermarket systems or forgo the subs services. Like they literally make enough money already on these vehicles

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
NO !!!!! Not paying for after sale subscriptions.

Rekdreation

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I guess I'm alone in thinking remote start is a useless feature. I briefly had a Jeep with remote start, never used it. Maybe I'm a cave man but I just can't wrap my head around what's difficult sticking a key in a hole and turning it.

I'm sure as **** not going to pay a subscription for having a car that also depreciates and I need to maintain on my dime. It's one or the other, either I 100% own it or they 100% own it, none of this worst-of-both-worlds junk.
I have it on my CiviC. Love it.

There are a lot of reasons for remote start. Closing your mind to the concept carte' blanche speaks volumes.

But your ONE valid point is if you have to pay a subscription for it. I wouldn't either so you got that going for you.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The only thing I will pay on a truck that I bought, provided that I get the 1/3 price for full service, which I do, is Sirius. I would not buy ne thing else. But I also only have a Plain Jane Uconnect 4 in the RAM, so do not have all the Uconnect, Guardian,. SOS, 911 stuff ne way. Not even any OTA upgrades, only can be done by dealer, LOL and I luv it that way. I will not pay for features that are there and should be provided, or Uconnect, or NAV, or ne thing like that. My I Phone takes care of all that, guess I's a cheap BOIRD (more like fixed income BOIRD), LMAO.

turk helmut drive.JPG

Randy Grant

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Actually, if I read it right, the base truck would be built with all the added technology, but you would have to pay for activation. It makes sense for the manufacturer, in that ALL vehicles go down the line and are built the same. If a customer wants heated seats only, and not a package, they pay only for that upgrade, and it is either a subscription, OR a one time purchase. A subscription might be monthly, and could be canceled or inly paid for when needed, as in, heated seats only for the winter months. And, if you leave the vehicle parked for an extended time while traveling, you would suspend the upgrades while it is not being used. for some people, cafeteria style upgrades might really be the thing. For me, I would rather buy an upgrade outright because I keep a vehicle for a longer period of time than most.
I am sure that people raised the roof and went all snowflake when someone put a motor on a buggy a few years back, and look where we are now. Cant be without one.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Actually, if I read it right, the base truck would be built with all the added technology, but you would have to pay for activation. It makes sense for the manufacturer, in that ALL vehicles go down the line and are built the same.

Correct, with the caveat that there will still be some hardware differences between trim levels. Every given vehicle won't be the exact same, think V6 vs V8, leather vs cloth, sunroof or no, but the computerized/infotainment stuff would all be standardized.