Would you pay monthly for certain features

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nope, not paying a fee to have like remote start, they charge enuf for these modified rolling computers, IMHO...

Especially if the system is installed in the truck, or ne thing else-trick they try to do to make more $$$$$$$$$$$

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
As per the OP's orig post, Toyota's app that you pay for will send you notices that your car is due for service. So you're paying monthly for an app that tells you to go to the dealer service department and give them more money. o_O

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
so they want to charge for conveniences

Like hands free cell phone use, which is mandated by the Gov't while operating a vehicle, the Ram does not amplify my cell phones signal, i can hook up my own antenna, i don't need that darn shark fin

Back up camera is mandated

To me Uconnect 2, Uconnect Advantage, & all those other monthly fees for Uconnect are just a convenient optional way of doing things, i don't use those options

The only monthly fee that i am paying is for Sirius & it is shut off, because i have not paid that unfair price, when they lower the fee, i will subscribe again

Andy Richardson

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 1500 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The automobile manufacturers are learning from the airline industry! Pay for seat choice, pay to check luggage, no more peanuts either! I won’t pay a dime for Ram Connect…

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Just companies looking to increase profits, testing for these pay services have been going on for awhile. BMW, Volkswagen, and others have been figuring out what passes and what doesn't work. Goes with the new normal of not keeping tons of inventory on hand once chip shortage passes. Profit per vehicle is up, there will be a new equilibrium going forward; GM had already said this is their plan.

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
If they go subscription, I'll pull my 1979 car out of storage, and drive it till the wheels will not roll. I'm ok with v8s, manual transmission and roll up windows. I would also shovel the snow to uncover the car to get inside and start it, go back in the house and wait.

None of this electronic crap is necessary and it does not add value.

Marmay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No extra pay for any of them ,have a free trial for a year with the Sirius and after that,no more,installed remote start for cash and no more monthly payments.

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow,....talk about getting nickel and dimed.
Not a fan of this at all.

Last edited:

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
The only monthly fee that i am paying is for Sirius & it is shut off, because i have not paid that unfair price, when they lower the fee, i will subscribe again
I'm paying $79 + tax for a year of Sirius. When I renewed they wanted about $20 / month, I said I wanted the $ 79 / yr deal. They said that's no longer available so I said OK, then cancel my subscription. The rep said can I put you on hold, then came back with the unavailable $79 deal, amazing how fast their pricing changes.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
My son just got a RAV4, ANd when I read about the charge for remote I could not believe it ! :O 40k for a car and they want to hit you for more ! But they got a ton od static and are reconsidering ! Found this but not the first one I read!

Last edited:

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If they go subscription, I'll pull my 1979 car out of storage, and drive it till the wheels will not roll.

Hopefully that '79 is something fun & hot ...not a Chevette! :)

krakaman24

2018 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7L
I guess I'm alone in thinking remote start is a useless feature. I briefly had a Jeep with remote start, never used it. Maybe I'm a cave man but I just can't wrap my head around what's difficult sticking a key in a hole and turning it.

I'm sure as **** not going to pay a subscription for having a car that also depreciates and I need to maintain on my dime. It's one or the other, either I 100% own it or they 100% own it, none of this worst-of-both-worlds junk.
You must live somewhere it never snows. Remote start is a necessity when it's below freezing and you have to park outside. Gives you a head start and makes scraping the windshield much easier.

"Sticking a key in a hole" to warm up your car is illegal in many areas and contributes to vehicle theft. Remote starts prevent that issue.