Would you plug this tire?

shrubs

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
@CheechDogg.On37s ....many carpenters say "measure twice, cut once". Can that be disputed?

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Thanks everyone. I think I'll skip the DIY plug and take it to the shop that did my lift & tires a few months ago. I sent them the pics a few mins ago and they already confirmed they should be able to make the repair, probably a patch like the one in the post above. It's a locally owned and extremely reputable shop so fingers crossed. Appreciate everyone's input.
So did you get it fixed?

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Post #24 the OP said what he plans to do. He took the good advice some posted and decided to take it to a professional shop to look at. The last 31 posts are kind of irrelevant and the frustration with him is really unwarranted. He can't control the guys that keep posting after he provides the resolution he is pursuing.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
He never said what the final outcome was. The shop said to bring it in they 'should' be able to.... [evaluate and do whatever]. I'm rather certain once they got the tire off the shop guy likely said something to the effect of, '...Well, it's right there where it may or may not hold up, or be safe. ..we can't guarantee anything' That's when a lot of guys say, "Well, how much for a new tire?"

If I was making bets, I'd put my money on ...they talked him into a new tire. Maybe he'll report back still.

Last edited:

KalboKalbs

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
21 Longhorn Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
And to think 2 days ago I stopped and changed a spare for a very elderly & disabled man and his wife stranded with a flat…

Good on ya for stopping and helping the elderly folks. Thank You!

Last edited:

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Kudos for that too!

A girl (recent H/S graduate) had a flat right in front of my house driveway few months ago. Her dad arrived but he knew less than she did about changing a tire. And plus his knees were shot..he said. Well, just happened my floor jack was sitting outside in front of the garage and my 4-way right inside the door. So I just pulled the jack down and some oil (the lugnuts were pretty rusted for a car lug wrench) and got busy. Couple neighbors stopped and got out of their trucks to heckle me lol. We had a whole community event going on ...to change the tire. Kind of fun! LOL

Zoe Saldana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Post #24 the OP said what he plans to do. He took the good advice some posted and decided to take it to a professional shop to look at. The last 31 posts are kind of irrelevant and the frustration with him is really unwarranted. He can't control the guys that keep posting after he provides the resolution he is pursuing.
What else would we do with our time?