wouldn't start...now all kinds of warning lights on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chitownhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I go to start my 19 Limited up this morning and nothing. Couldn't even unlock doors. Ok so dead battery. Why? There was nothing left on. So i hook up battery charger let charge for few minutes and it fires right up. Now check engine light is on, service anti lock brake system is on, service electronic stability control is on, ABS light is on, there are two lights on that look like collision avoidance, light with a meter and an exclamation mark on. Then park brake auto engaged, every time i started it would do the same thing over and over.It also said didn't recognize key fob, but both of them were in my pocket. Any ideas what it would be?

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
I would disconnect the battery, charge it overnight, then reconnect and start over. Then go from there.

smithwessn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Low battery voltage can light up the dash like a Christmas tree and throw all sorts of crazy codes. Start with cleared codes and proper battery voltage and see what you have from there.

nytmare

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Diesel
You might also check to ensure all of your fuses and relays are firmly seated in the two fuse boxes under the hood. I've heard that many people have checked them only to find that a large percentage weren't fully seated. I checked mine over the weekend and found the same. I pushed each and every one. Found that probably 90% of them needed to be seated fully.

Jim Rather

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
So I go to start my 19 Limited up this morning and nothing. Couldn't even unlock doors. Ok so dead battery. Why? There was nothing left on. So i hook up battery charger let charge for few minutes and it fires right up. Now check engine light is on, service anti lock brake system is on, service electronic stability control is on, ABS light is on, there are two lights on that look like collision avoidance, light with a meter and an exclamation mark on. Then park brake auto engaged, every time i started it would do the same thing over and over.It also said didn't recognize key fob, but both of them were in my pocket. Any ideas what it would be?
Hope this helps...my 2019 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn suffered numerous dead battery events and it took nearly a year to get to the bottom of it. My dealer replaced the battery, the battery sensor (located on the +pos terminal) the electronic steering rack which has a sensor that can drain the battery and my 12" uConnect radio. After all of this my truck is running very well and can be parked for weeks at a time without battery drain. Ask your dealer about the steering rack and battery sensor.

OP
OP
C

Chitownhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks everyone. I did set up appointment with dealer for next week as they decided to shut down for the week due to Covid19

Dapk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have any of you had this happen while driving? Mine did this and shut off everything except engine.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Have any of you had this happen while driving? Mine did this and shut off everything except engine.

Hello Dapk,
We are certainly sorry to hear about your recent concern. Would you mind following up with us via PM? We would like to learn additional details to determine how to best assist moving forward. Hope to hear from you soon.
Laura
RamCares

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8

Did something short it?

Sent from my iPhone XS Max in my 2013 Magnum 4.7L V8

1911Shooter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Similar issue on my 2020 1500 Limited. Drivable, but the same 3-4 warnings. I'm going to check the fuses and call my dealer on Monday.

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Laramie Sport 4WD
Engine
Exact same issue on a 2019 Laramie Would not like a total dead battery start with nothing left on. Charged battery over night until fully charged, fired right up voltage reading 12.3 . Everything in dash going nuts radio, air suspension,4wd,rear bu cam, all will not work but truck drives okay. Removed battery put a new Boat battery out of my 20 Pontoon boat in truck got the same results so its not a battery issue. Checked all fuses with meter all working properly no reason for the issue. Truck bought new has had no issues in 35800 miles so it will be headed to dealer as soon as holiday ends lord knows how long it will take them to tell me what's wrong with it. This dealer I have has excuses for every thing long before Covid-19 ever hit! They most likely tell me all is normal. lol.