Wrangler guys here? (2016)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
My daughter has a 2016 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited with a bunch of stuff done. Anyway, her Jeep was here the last few days and I went to take it to her house today and saw the door hinge nuts in the cupholder. Went to put them in and found that 7 of the 8 pins were snapped off so no way to put the nuts on. I found the new pins and nuts and they are about $200 for everything. She asked about whole new hinges. My concern is the pins are painted onto the hinge and when we break the pin loose the paint will chip. Might be easier to just replace the hinges with new ones? Anyone have experience with this?

Also, driving down the road noticed the right side of the hood bouncing. Got out and looked and the right side hood latch rubber strap is broken. The upper piece attached to the hood is good but the bottom piece that attaches to the fender would need replaced. Doesn't look very easy to get to the nut on the backside to change that. Does that rubber strap come off to just replace it? Looks like there might be a pin with caps on the end that might pop out?

Going to find everything she needs and have her order it this week. She hardly ever drives it and the last few times she did was off-roading. Thats how the hood latch got broke. Tree branch caught it.

Here is a pic from earlier this year. Has a 4" lift with 35" tires and 4.88's. Has a winch and hefty bumpers too.

IMG_4222.jpg

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I wouldnt worry about the hinges hell my 19 doesn't even have bolts in them took them out the day I bought it KIMG0089.jpg

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6920 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
dhay13

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wouldnt worry about the hinges hell my 19 doesn't even have bolts in them took them out the day I bought it View attachment 220223

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6920 using Tapatalk
So you don't have the 'pin' bolts in? I mean I know it should be fine in 95% of cases because with the door shut it can't pop off and they aren't exactly light. Just though they should probably be in there?

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Nope not on there. The door at least on my jl also has a arm that holds it on. I leave them out because the doors are off a lot and it just increases the chance of scratching each time

ILLXJ

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We haven't had the door pin nuts on ours since 2013.
If I was going to replace the hood latches I would go aftermarket & get rid of the rubber straps.

JIM.

OP
OP
dhay13

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I talked to her tonight and told her what you guys said about the hinges. The threaded part of the pins are snapped off too so they will be a little shorter than they should be but I doubt it would make much difference based on what you guys said. And for the hood latch she said she will probably just order an OEM replacement.
Thanks!