XM Radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
I don't use it because I refuse to pay to listen to the radio, but I got an email stating I get two free months of it. I'm using that. Just thought I would share that they are doing an offer like this in case anyone is cheap like me and didn't get the notice :)

cityboy21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
also used the 2 month free deal. now I have the basic plan for $5 per month for 6 months. when that's up I'll call to cancel again and see what they offer. $5 per month is pretty much my max I'm willing to pay but it is nice to have in the truck and sounds so much better than standard radio.

nastyhabts26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah if you let it lapse they will offer you some great deals to reconnect, they offered us two vehicles for 6 months for 30 bucks.
I'm using the free 1st year now on my new power wagon.

OP
OP
Kapt

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
also used the 2 month free deal. now I have the basic plan for $5 per month for 6 months. when that's up I'll call to cancel again and see what they offer. $5 per month is pretty much my max I'm willing to pay but it is nice to have in the truck and sounds so much better than standard radio.
I might actually do it for that price. We'll see what they offer

Mike Flea

US ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ya gotta keep after them. When I bought my Patriot in '14, I got the first year free. When the subscription renewal came a year later, it was $80 for the year, I figured eh, what the heck, so I renewed. The following year it went up to $110, so I called to cancel it, they gave it to me for $50. This year when the notice came, it jumped up to $268. I promptly called and cancelled it. They offered to lower it again, but I turned them down. I only listened to 2 stations anyways, the Bluegrass station and *****'s Roadhouse.

Mega-Hemi

US AIR FORCE '08-'18
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I got the flyer in February for 2 months free. Don’t drive the truck that much during winter so I just hung on to it. (Didn’t see any expiration date. ) Activated it as soon as our Summer Camping Season started. Worked out perfect for me. Hope to get another one for next summer. I too refuse to pay for radio.

Spud2388

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport
Engine
Always call. No matter what, always call. I’ve been down to $4 a month but it had to be approved by the supervisor of the person I talked to. $48 plus fees for a year is totally worth it imo. If they try and do a 6 month deal for $5, which is a common thing, tell them you’ll pay for 12 months for a dollar less a month. Always works.

Pricejh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
XM was getting way to “serious” with their pricing for the truck, car and Goldwing. I cancelled service on the truck and bike. Got the streaming service instead. Since both the truck and bike have BT, I’ve got XM in all three vehicles for way less. Works fine for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neil E

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I enjoy my Sirius radio, but I don't pay more than $5 per month. I had a year on my old Chevy, and I traded it in 4 months prior to the end. I called and let them know I traded the Cruze in. I got several calls when the 12 months up asking if I wanted to renew. I told them I traded the car in on my truck.
Then I get a letter saying they were doing the automatic renewal, for $15 per month. Needless to say, I "lost" my credit card that they had on file. I always pay by check with them, not sure why I gave them my CC to pay last time.

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
I received an email from XM offering 12 months for $60 just recently.

LouM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Ecodiesel crewcab old/ now 2019 Laramie Hemi
Engine
eco diesel old / now Hemi missing the eco's mileage
I signed up for this exact deal today. SiriusXM sound quality may suck, but I can deal with it for $5/month.

That was what I got it for about 6 months ago after canceling it for a month.

OP
OP
Kapt

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
If I want to hear the same songs over and over again I'll listen to FM radio which is free

LouM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Ecodiesel crewcab old/ now 2019 Laramie Hemi
Engine
eco diesel old / now Hemi missing the eco's mileage
If I want to hear the same songs over and over again I'll listen to FM radio which is free

I don't like anything on the local AM/FM stations I have a few stations on xm to listen to or I'll use Pandora.
Older classic country is hard to get in some places and that is what I listen to.

Mike Flea

US ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just got a "free 2 month" trial offer in the mail yesterday, "Your 2-month trial subscription is absolutely free- we won't ask for a credit card to get you started. Your service will automatically stop at the end of your trial unless you subscribe"

A friend got a similar letter 6 months ago, and they never shut it off, but they sent him a bill for the extra 4 months.

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
I live in a small town with 1 radio station & they literally play nothing I’m interested in.
My Ram does not have a CD player & I literally have hundreds of CDs.

XM was a no brainer for us.
We have it in all 4 of the family autos.
I actually couldn’t imagine not having it.

We are fairly fortunate & don’t live pay check to pay check, so it is actually fairly affordable for us.

Yes we really dicker with the supervisor every time renewal time comes up.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kapt

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
Just got a "free 2 month" trial offer in the mail yesterday, "Your 2-month trial subscription is absolutely free- we won't ask for a credit card to get you started. Your service will automatically stop at the end of your trial unless you subscribe"

A friend got a similar letter 6 months ago, and they never shut it off, but they sent him a bill for the extra 4 months.

There isn't a snowball's chance in hell I would pay for their mistake

OP
OP
Kapt

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L

There isn't a snowball's chance in hell I would pay for their mistake