Xpress Kit Auto Start Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
On my crew cab if I open/close the back door then open the drivers door the truck shuts off. Opening the drivers door first, it stays running.
I have a similar response except I would add it's any door but the drivers door to include the tailgate (and maybe the Ramboxes too).

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So today my truck was turning off and starting back up on its own while I was driving. It did it about 15 times while I was on the highway. Engine would completely shut off and then come back on. I eventually took the remote battery out and it stopped. WTF is happening?

Update: Only happening when I am using my key. It works fine using my wifes key.

Last edited:

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So today my truck was turning off and starting back up on its own while I was driving. It did it about 15 times while I was on the highway. Engine would completely shut off and then come back on. I eventually took the remote battery out and it stopped. WTF is happening?

Update: Only happening when I am using my key. It works fine using my wifes key.
Wow , I haven't heard of that one before?

Did your key get wet or something ?

RAMVT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Kind of reviving an old thread but,

Does anyone know what the operating system requirements are in order to flash this?

I have a mac laptop and I would like to know if I need to search around for a PC before I buy this or will the mac work?

*EDIT*
Contacted Doug, "The Directed XKLoader2 must be used with a PC and Internet Explorer. "

dbull75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Kind of reviving an old thread but,

Does anyone know what the operating system requirements are in order to flash this?

I have a mac laptop and I would like to know if I need to search around for a PC before I buy this or will the mac work?

*EDIT*
Contacted Doug, "The Directed XKLoader2 must be used with a PC and Internet Explorer. "

You also have to have an account in order to get the flash and use their program to flash it. You can't create an account on their site unless an authorized dealer has added your email address on the site in order for you to register. I got all this from Amazon to do this and then got that when I went to flash it. I can't use it without doing that so I am sending it all back. :banghead:

dbull75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I took the one i tried to install off of my dart but i cant return it to that doug guy i guess so i might try to sell it does anyone know if i the log in to xpresskits website to do the xkloader stuff can be done without doug i have all the hardware just no log in for someone to flash it

You have to have a login on the site to get the flash and program it. You can't register on the website without the authorized dealer adding your email first. I got all this from Amazon and whet to do this and found this out. I am thinking of getting it from Doug now since he can make the account for you to do this.