Ya learn sumthin' new...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dputnam01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Turbo Diesel
Went to get diesel at the reservation today (saves about $0.40 per gallon)...along with everyone else. Rather than wait in the line I saw the "big truck" diesel island and thought "why not?". Should have known something was different when I saw the mod on the tip of the fueling nozzle. Stuck it in and pulled the trigger and WHAM. Didn't realize that these nozzles push about 10X the "normal consumer" pump rate, but I guess if your filling a 300 gal tank, you don't want to be standing there all afternoon. Had to back off to 1/4 trigger and it still was too much for my truck,,,like drinking from a firehose. Well, now I know

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Yeah, those truck pumps push some big pressure. Kind of nice when putting 100 gallons in our diesel pusher, though.

Dennis Shellito

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins IBS
I have filled my 2011 CTD up at the big rig pumps and sometimes it is too fast of flow but usually not to the extent that it won't fill. I don't know what year your Cummins is but the ones built a few years after mine and later have a second flap in the filler neck, and I wonder if that was the issue with it not taking fuel as the big rig pumps often have a larger nozzle than the pickup pumps. A large nozzle won't open said flap.