You lucky $#@%$#ers... Hellcat-Powered Ram TRX inbound!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

16RamHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Sport Crew
Im very interested in saving my pennies for this to become my forever truck. However, i do not need 700 HP. Hopefully they come out with an NA option around 500 hp.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Im very interested in saving my pennies for this to become my forever truck. However, i do not need 700 HP. Hopefully they come out with an NA option around 500 hp.

Nobody needs 700hp but they want it. The Rebel TR was rumoured to be a 7.0L hemi with around 500hp, but haven’t heard much more beyond rumours.

If they actually do make it’s going to price itself way out of most people’s pocket books. Likely be the same story as the trackhawk, dealers will have a hard time selling a near $90,000USD plus truck.

At one time we had 3 trackhawks on our lot for long enough that they all started getting used as demos by some of the managers.

16RamHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Sport Crew
Nobody needs 700hp but they want it. The Rebel TR was rumoured to be a 7.0L hemi with around 500hp, but haven’t heard much more beyond rumours.

If they actually do make it’s going to price itself way out of most people’s pocket books. Likely be the same story as the trackhawk, dealers will have a hard time selling a near $90,000USD plus truck.

At one time we had 3 trackhawks on our lot for long enough that they all started getting used as demos by some of the managers.

thats the thing, 90k is too much for most. I would think they know that. so why only produce that option? Would make more sense to appeal to more buyers. So the idea of offering a supercharged version and non-supercharged version makes sense. With a couple tweaks that 6.4L cant get to the 500hp mark na?

anchorsaweigh

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not available in a 2-door shorty. Only the family model. ****!

hoe...

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The 6.4 in the 300 srt8 makes 470hp stock.

A stock one with exhaust, intake and tune will get 540 at least.

They appear to make more than claimed, even stock, according to dyno testing here in aus....

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

16RamHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Sport Crew
Seems like there would be a big (maybe bigger) market for something in the 550 hp range vs 700. Dont get me wrong, i love seeing these high hp productions, but a 700 hp truck is pretty specific imo. Would this really make a good daily driver?

392DevilDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Seems like there would be a big (maybe bigger) market for something in the 550 hp range vs 700. Dont get me wrong, i love seeing these high hp productions, but a 700 hp truck is pretty specific imo. Would this really make a good daily driver?
The Hellcat charger and challenger are great daily driver's from the experiences I have been privy to.

It will make a better daily driver than all the 2500 Cummins trucks running around hauling and towing nothing.

The TR that was to have the 426 banshee motor has been sidelined. That would have hit right were you guys are saying.

The sport truck guys may very well be getting their hellcat truck too...maybe.

Thanks to the 1500 pickup becoming the modern day station wagon...do not expect a RCSB anytime soon.

There was to be a REBEL subbrand...to include the Powerwagon. haven't heard much more about that.

But man...a RCSB REBEL, REBEL TR, REBEL TRX and a RCLB Powerwagon would be awesome.

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I'll believe it if I see it. I waited 3 years and finally decided to just buy a regular RAM and put an entry level SC in it. Of course, it's not the same as the TRX, but I don't want the original concept - too "pre-runnerish" for me. I prefer subtle. And 600 HP is more than enough for me.

392DevilDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
It will decrease. The TRX is a purpose built truck like the Powerwagon.

Made for going fast offroad, like the Powerwagon is made for working hard offroad.

R

Rogues Gambit

I'll just take parts off the Trx and retrofit them on my current Truck, OEM+

slacadjuster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L

Pffft $90,000??? That's a helluva bargain. Trackhawks are going for $135,000 here in Canada. Like gimme a break.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pffft $90,000??? That's a helluva bargain. Trackhawks are going for $135,000 here in Canada. Like gimme a break.

Good to see you slacadjuster! Isn't 90,000 usd around 130,000 cad anyway? How are those trackhawks selling up there? Weren't selling great around my area.