Your other vehicle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

MMM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sorry, disgusted with what?
I am so disgusted with what's going on I ordered a Subaru Forester "premium" and already bought the suspension upgrade kit to install when it shows up - My wife's been driving Foresters since 2017, pretty darn bullet proof vehicle with VERSATILITY
MY new one will be used for elk hunting in 2 states, hauling my drift boat, Handyman jobs and whatever other chores I need to do, gonna procure a lightweight small trailer as well, when I do need to haul a load the 2500 V-10 will be fired up (hoping not often)
at 30+ mpg and easy driving I'll be smiling more ......

KC5TGQ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Etorque
Please bear with me.
So I have a 2014 RAM Laramie with only 42k miles that I bought brand new.
Don't get me wrong, I love my truck.
However, after 4.5 years, work now says I have to start coming in again, versus working from home.
Now, the truck is not the most economical vehicle to drive into work and park in smaller spots.
So I have been debating a small putt-around vehicle.
I live in New England, so snow capable is desired.
I have been all over the spectrum from a Jeep Wrangler, Subaru Crosstrek, BMW Mini and even fun cars like Miata RF convertible hardtop and even the BRZ. (Yup, I know, but the whole mid-life crisis thing. lol)
My wife has a Rogue and while I don't love the car, the seating height and in-out isn't terrible.
I recently tried a 2020 Camry for short money. While a nice car with great MPG's, I feel it's impossible getting in and out without trouble. (No, I'm not fat, 165lbs.)
Being in a truck like the RAM has spoiled me from a seating height, comfort and safety standpoint.

What have you bought that you are happy with for a capable smaller vehicle?

Thanks!
2017 Toyota RAV4 and 2006 Nissan Frontier

Moose2

Military
Reaction score
2012 Hyundai Sonata hybrid, among my many vehicles. Gets a lot more use these days.

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My family has had a wide variety of economy cars. My one daughter really likes her Subarus, but has suffered with two head gasket failures and a small number of quality issues. My other daughter is on her third Hyundai product and has had no mechanical issues (the debris in the engine oil galleries has long since been addressed). There's been a few Nissan's, with mixed results, and a fair number of Toyota products, also with mixed results. I have a grandson who likes Jeeps, but so does my chiropractor. There is one aging Dart which has led a pretty much uncomplicated life, along with a Ford Escape.

Frankly, I can't get into any small sedan anymore. A midsize SUV might be a good choice if you've lost some flexibility. An acquaintance just purchased a three cylinder Ford Escape. That might be a good fuel sipping alternative.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 3 June 2018. Now at 71171 miles

Churl Quinn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
My "other" ride is a 2008 Honda Element with four wheel drive. It's great in the snow and rain and I love the driving position and visibility. Gets decent gas mileage and it's wonderful for hauling stuff inside the cargo area. I haul my two German Shepherds everywhere. Wish they still made them, there's really nothing else like them.

Reactions: MMM

Chuckster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My Ram is a 2005 Yellow Rumble Bee, other vehicles in my stable is a 2012 Dodge Charger SRT8 Super Bee Stinger Yellow and the 392 Hemi is Vortech supercharged, a one of 218 1984 Direct Connection California Edition Dodge Rampage with a carb 2.2 and 5 speed (stock), a 1982 Dodge Rampage Sport with an'89 Turbo II engine, and a 1970 Plymouth Satellite 2 door with a 440/auto. Also at my place is my youngest (14 y.o.) grandson's 1972 2 door Dodge Dart ******* wit a slant 6 & 3 on the tree. MOPAR ONLY at my house!!!