Yow! overinflated 2500 tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OLEJOE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
My light doesn’t come on. It’s turned off.

ALRedneck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They come from the manufacturer with high pressure to keep from getting flat spots. Then, whichever green monkey in service performs the PDI never adjusts the pressure down to door placard levels.

Just a habit to take a tire pressure gauge with me to the dealer when buying a new truck.
That makes sense. I was surprised mine were at 95 when I purchased. They probably went up from 90 sitting on the hot asphalt.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
The part I don't understand is why you guys aren't complaining loudly to your dealer and FCA. You are paying a PDI charge and you aren't getting a proper PDI done. I have always insisted they refund me the PDI charge if there is stuff missed.

Ray_Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Also, those pressures were set with cold tires. After driving it home I'm sure your pressures increased from the heat.

But yeah, I run about 73 in my rears and 65 in the fronts. Rides much better. Go too low and the low pressure light will come on.
Got the same high tire pressure on my 2021 limited. Changed to the door sticker 65-70 and the ride is better but it was still a very stiff ride. After about 3000 miles I'd say its getting better. First 3/4 ton and what a difference from a 1/2 ton Tundra.

Hobobob

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I wish I read this thread before I picked up my new 21 Big Horn in Idaho at DS. Drove it 165 miles home and thought I was gonna loose control of it a few times. I was regretting moving up to a 3/4 ton because of the harsh ride. Next morning I had the bright idea to check the tire pressure. All of them were set at 92 to 93 lbs!!!!! I was pretty PO'd and called the salesman and got the standard, "Oh my, I will look into it" response with no follow up. Dropped the pressure to the door sticker #'s and ride is a lot better. Next vehicle I buy, I'm bringing a tire pressure gauge with me. Sounds like this is a common missed step in the PDI by the dealer.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
I wish I read this thread before I picked up my new 21 Big Horn in Idaho at DS. Drove it 165 miles home and thought I was gonna loose control of it a few times. I was regretting moving up to a 3/4 ton because of the harsh ride. Next morning I had the bright idea to check the tire pressure. All of them were set at 92 to 93 lbs!!!!! I was pretty PO'd and called the salesman and got the standard, "Oh my, I will look into it" response with no follow up. Dropped the pressure to the door sticker #'s and ride is a lot better. Next vehicle I buy, I'm bringing a tire pressure gauge with me. Sounds like this is a common missed step in the PDI by the dealer.
Insist they refund you your PDI fee. Having to give money back is the surest way to make them learn to do it right.

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
55-60 is plenty. Even when I am towing I am down to about 55-65 & they don't bulge a bit. No more tire wear than normal either. I will get 50+k on these Coopers.

GeometryFletch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
RamForums should have a notification when you register on this site, "Welcome! New truck?, check yo air pressure stat!"