Yow! overinflated 2500 tires?

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
I have tire pressure read out on the dash. Mine came from the dealer set properly, 70 front and 65 rear. So far I find the ride good but have not had it on gravel yet. I may well drop them another 10 pounds on each end and see how that work..

I keep mine 65 front 60 rear. Rides ok.

sheikyurbouti

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Same here. Mine walked sideways under "oh **** she is pulling out in front of me" braking. The tires were over-inflated. Set them closer to the sticker and it will ride better and safer.

MrTaz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi E-Torque
so..from the dealer with the stock Firestone TransForce tires..door frame sticker says 70 rear and 65 front..i just checked with two tire gauges and they were all at 90lbs!!! for now, I reduced m them to 72 front and 80 rear…still too high? might improve the ride a little…should i crank em down more to the sticker values? Your thoughts…
Sounds like the tire pressure check was skipped during the PDI before delivery. It's a pretty common occurrence. Doesn't seem to matter which brand it is either, they are all the same. It's happened to three of mine.

Irishthreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
so..from the dealer with the stock Firestone TransForce tires..door frame sticker says 70 rear and 65 front..i just checked with two tire gauges and they were all at 90lbs!!! for now, I reduced m them to 72 front and 80 rear…still too high? might improve the ride a little…should i crank em down more to the sticker values? Your thoughts…
I’m starting to wonder if these trucks are being overinflated intentionally from the factory. My new 2500 had over 80 lbs in every tire and several folks on here have had similar comments. It calls for 60 front and 65 rear. That was a rough *** ride with 80+!

jefflaur1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
well group..FYI I bought a good quality tire gauge and dropped pressures to 70psi in the front and 75psi in the back as I tow horses..this is still very slightly higher than the door sticker but WHAT a difference! HUGE improvement in ride and handling!

MrTaz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi E-Torque
I’m starting to wonder if these trucks are being overinflated intentionally from the factory. My new 2500 had over 80 lbs in every tire and several folks on here have had similar comments. It calls for 60 front and 65 rear. That was a rough *** ride with 80+!
They are over inflated intentionally. If I had to guess I think it may have to with the different elevations they are delivered to.

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
Yes, they are. They fill the tires to max cold PSI at the factory to prevent flat spots during transit and while sitting on lots. Cars/trucks can sit in rail yard lots for weeks/months waiting for transport. The dealer is supposed to adjust them down when they do a PDI (pre delivery inspection).

pjtj2k

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Same here, when I picked mine up, tires were at 85 and 90 psi. Adjusted psi to the door sticker 65 and 70. Smoothed out the ride tremendously.

OLEJOE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I picked up a new 2022 today and highest one was 93 and lowest one was 89. Stopped on an exit ramp and let the front down to 60 and rears 55. Same tires I had on my 18’ so I set them the same. On new truck I can turn the pressure alarm on and off. Don’t have to keep changing the evic screen to get the flashing tires off.

gonna have to change my avatar and signature

BillyGoat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mind you that the door stickers are at max load….If you ride empty most of the time, reduce them an additional 10Lbs and this should keep the light off….