ZF Transmission Pan Cross Referenced

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

79Machine

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey Hey, new to forum, but been turning wrenches as a hobby for 25 years with BSME and automotive systems technology/land vehicle dynamics degrees. Been lurking around and realized my BMW x3 and 2014 Ram have the same ZF 8HP70 transmissions and fluid pans! And if you search for ZF# 1087298247, all you see is BMW/Audi stuff because they cant advertise for MOPAR... but they are the same and run about $75-$90. I'm about to order 2 of them now, because I'm a bit overdue on both. I'll update if i run into any problems. Figured i mention it since I've been seeing many DIY'ers spending around $250-300 for fluid and OE pans. If you use DEXRON VI fully synthetic fluid (8 quarts) with a ZF pan runs about $165 shipped on Amazon.

Last edited:

caulk04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I talked to PPE about their pans hoping to find a stock capacity pan in their catalog but they told me the pans they have listed for other ZF applications won't work on the Ram. I'm still suspicious, but opted to just get their +2qt pan and not worry about it. At this point, I'm no longer willing to trade the hassle of confirming parts fitment in search of saving a bit of cash.

Besides, with the ppe pan I need only buy a filter and fluid for the next service.