Zone 1.5” + Vararam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ThunderMug95

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I also realized that my 6+yr old Magnaflow is done for. So the new catback will be installing an X-pipe in the midpipes, rhen a Y into a Borla ProXS and then connect to my existing dual 2.5”s. Kind of like the StainlessWorks set up.
Sent logs in, Hemifever says they look good. I am also installing an AFR gauge. Thats the proof in the pudding.
This is done! Sounds much better.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
@Wild one You know what will become of these wheels!
I wasn't gonna say much Craig ,but i like the drag wheel set-up better then you're big tire set-up,even with the big gap between the tires and fenders,lol. Whats Jeremy got to say about them,lol.Should be a noticable differance in power with this wheel set-up

OP
OP
ThunderMug95

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wasn't gonna say much Craig ,but i like the drag wheel set-up better then you're big tire set-up,even with the big gap between the tires and fenders,lol. Whats Jeremy got to say about them,lol.Should be a noticable differance in power with this wheel set-up
It is a huge difference. Totally different animal with the smaller, much, much lighter wheels/tires. Physics ya know! My truck has a split personality.
The little wheels 100% require a 4wd launch. No hope of traction. Still deciding what tires/size to toss on there.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
It is a huge difference. Totally different animal with the smaller, much, much lighter wheels/tires. Physics ya know! My truck has a split personality.
The little wheels 100% require a 4wd launch. No hope of traction. Still deciding what tires/size to toss on there.
If it was my truck i'd look at the 275/40/17's or at the biggest the 305/45/17 Street R's,as it should hook on either tire in 2 wheel drive mode.It should be quicker in 2 wheel mode then 4X4 mode.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ThunderMug95

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well I went with 305/50 Kumho Ecstas STX on the 20x9 takeoff wheels. Running them now, but will put the 35’s back on shortly for winter
I did bite the bullet on 2 things.
1. I snagged the ICON 2.0 rear shocks on sale to replace my worn out Bilsteins
2. I bought an Edge 3400 converter. Lining up the install now.

Truck is doing great with the new NSR HPT cam from Moe’s Performance. Significant gain in torque and a little more pull up top. Hemifever has it dialed pretty good. I added a wideband and fixed the exhaust. Cut down the TSP midpipes, welded in an X pipe. Replaced the tired, blown out Magnaflow with a Borla ProXS. Sounds MUCH tamer and back to deep and mellow. It had a clap and rasp that was a bit much for me haha!
Thats my update for now. After the converter, I will go back to dormancy and chatting about oil viscosity and such lol.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I'll be honest, I never knew this was your build thread. You have alot hiding in here lol! Looks good.

NCRaineman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Only problem I see is those tires protruding beyond the fender. Know a
Lot of people do it but check automotive code in your state, it may be illegal. Even if not it is discourteous to people you share the road with. Tires should not stick out, it's a safety thing. Exposed tires throw water, rocks and road debris all over the place.

Add some fender flares to protect not only the side of your truck, but to reduce the chances of throwing rocks and debris all over anybody who ends up behind you in traffic.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lot of people do it but check automotive code in your state, it may be illegal. Even if not it is discourteous to people you share the road with. Tires should not stick out, it's a safety thing. Exposed tires throw water, rocks and road debris all over the place.

Add some fender flares to protect not only the side of your truck, but to reduce the chances of throwing rocks and debris all over anybody who ends up behind you in traffic.
Here we go again…

The only reason they are sticking out is because he must have wheel spacers. They are oem wheels, so they shouldnt be sticking out like that otherwise. Apparently thats the way he wants it.

NCRaineman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here we go again…

The only reason they are sticking out is because he must have wheel spacers. They are oem wheels, so they shouldnt be sticking out like that otherwise. Apparently thats the way he wants it.
That doesn't change the fact that it is an inconsiderate, dangerous and potentially illegal thing to do.

Nothing like getting behind jacked up "off road" vehicles on the highway on a rainy day and not being able to see anything due to the amount of spray they're kicking up from the road. Fender flares exist for a reason... use them.

Everyone likes the freedom to modify their vehicle to reflect their personality and tastes, but let's remember that we all share the road with other motorists.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That doesn't change the fact that it is an inconsiderate, dangerous and potentially illegal thing to do.

Nothing like getting behind jacked up "off road" vehicles on the highway on a rainy day and not being able to see anything due to the amount of spray they're kicking up from the road. Fender flares exist for a reason... use them.

Everyone likes the freedom to modify their vehicle to reflect their personality and tastes, but let's remember that we all share the road with other motorists.
I get your points. But lets be realistic…if your driving in the rain your getting sprayed and wet anyway. No matter what vehicle your following…weather its a stock prius or lifted truck with wheels hanging past the fenders. Maybe dont follow so close? And the fender flare thing…they dont make a lick of difference. Been there done that. Mayyyyyybe if they actually fully covered the tire, but they rarely ever do…especially when the tire is hanging out that far. Also, a fully stock vehicle can kick up rocks and debris to another vehicle.

Anywho…back to the normal broadcast !

OP
OP
ThunderMug95

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Thank you for your opinion and concern.

OP
OP
ThunderMug95

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just a PSA for all those that are concerned. I have a fresh November 2024 State Inspection.

In a world we live in now with every 3rd rattletrap passing you having a plume of dope smoke coming out the windows, I am certain in the safety, legality and functionality of my immaculately maintained vehicles. Fairly certain that any tractor trailer (or Wrangler missing it fenders with their angry eyes) on the road throws up more spray and debris than any pickup ever could regardless of configuration.
I’d rather eat buffalo wings and nachos in @Wild one ’s 1320 than put fender flares on my perfect paint.