Zone 6"/5" with Bilsteins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PARay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I leveled my truck a few months ago using Bilsteins set at 2.8" and a 1 inch TGC spacer in the rear, so now the front sits at 40" to the top center of the wheel well and 41" at the rear. I do like having the little bit of rake. But of course since I've been modding, I want to go higher. :naughty: I'm looking at the Zone 6" /5" rear spring kit, but want to keep my front Bils. I've been reading and seeing people run them at 1.4, 2.1, and 2.8 with this lift and with varying rear spacers. I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the math on the new height with the added lift. Could I leave my Bils at 2.8" and just adjust with a new coil spacer? Or should I drop the height down a bit? Also, I would be leaving out the pre-load spacer on the kit right? I'm having a shop install my lift and want to make sure I have all this right. I can adjust the Bils myself, but I figure if they will do it during the install then why not have them do it.

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
So I leveled my truck a few months ago using Bilsteins set at 2.8" and a 1 inch TGC spacer in the rear, so now the front sits at 40" to the top center of the wheel well and 41" at the rear. I do like having the little bit of rake. But of course since I've been modding, I want to go higher. :naughty: I'm looking at the Zone 6" /5" rear spring kit, but want to keep my front Bils. I've been reading and seeing people run them at 1.4, 2.1, and 2.8 with this lift and with varying rear spacers. I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the math on the new height with the added lift. Could I leave my Bils at 2.8" and just adjust with a new coil spacer? Or should I drop the height down a bit? Also, I would be leaving out the pre-load spacer on the kit right? I'm having a shop install my lift and want to make sure I have all this right. I can adjust the Bils myself, but I figure if they will do it during the install then why not have them do it.

Depends on how level you want the truck to sit. I'm getting ready to run a 6" Zone kit with 5" rear springs as well as a 1.5" body lift. I will also have the Bil's and am planing on having them set at 2.1 to start because I want some rake for when I load up the back. I don't want a California lean. I suggest starting at 2.1 and see where that would put you. Also, yes.... Leave out the pre-loaded spacer. That's what the Bil's are designed for.

Adam

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
The Zone 6" kit with 5" rear coils and Bilsteins at 2.1" is generally what sits level on a Ram 1500. If you want to leave the Bilsteins at 2.8" then you can install your 1" rear coil spacer with the kit and still retain a slight amount of rake. I wouldn't suggest going with anymore than 3/4"-1" of rake as it won't look good on a lifted truck. Really 1/2" or so is where you want to be.

Correct, you will leave out the 5/8" preload spacer that comes with the Zone kit as your Bilsteins provide the preload for you.

If you want to play around with the numbers, the Zone strut spacer provides 4.875" of lift. So with your Bilsteins at 2.8" your total front end lift will be 7.625". Then you can determine what rear lift you need to get the truck sitting how you want.

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The Zone 6" kit with 5" rear coils and Bilsteins at 2.1" is generally what sits level on a Ram 1500. If you want to leave the Bilsteins at 2.8" then you can install your 1" rear coil spacer with the kit and still retain a slight amount of rake. I wouldn't suggest going with anymore than 3/4"-1" of rake as it won't look good on a lifted truck. Really 1/2" or so is where you want to be.

Correct, you will leave out the 5/8" preload spacer that comes with the Zone kit as your Bilsteins provide the preload for you.

If you want to play around with the numbers, the Zone strut spacer provides 4.875" of lift. So with your Bilsteins at 2.8" your total front end lift will be 7.625". Then you can determine what rear lift you need to get the truck sitting how you want.

This actually helped me out as well. Thank you for the post! :)

Adam

OP
OP
P

PARay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

That actually helped me out a lot! Thanks! And thanks to everyone else for your input. All info helps!

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS!!!! A great explanation as some may misunderstand how much lift they actually gain with Bils on a 6" lift since the preload spacer is left out!!!!

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS!!!! A great explanation as some may misunderstand how much lift they actually gain with Bils on a 6" lift since the preload spacer is left out!!!!

Well that works for the zone lift. Superlift preload spacer is almost 2".. Leaving it out, and bils at 2.8", leaves a slight amount of rake.

IMO

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Well that works for the zone lift. Superlift preload spacer is almost 2".. Leaving it out, and bils at 2.8", leaves a slight amount of rake.

IMO
d65e8976699c768fbf41cbff9ad6901b.jpg

That's the superlift preload spacer

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk