Zone and BDS 6'' lift front strut or coilover options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

heckcat9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've got my choices narrowed down to the Zone and BDS 6'' front 5'' rear lifts and I've got some final questions. I'm not sure what the stroke to wheel travel ratio is on these trucks so when I say 2'' or 4'' spacers, I mean total lift, not actual spacer thickness. Correct me if I'm wrong here hah.

1) On both strut spacer kits, there's a 4'' top hat spacer and 2'' preload spacer to achieve 6'' of lift with factory length struts, correct?

2) I see a lot of folks using Bilstein 6112s. With these struts, the 4'' top spacer is mandatory, however the preload spacer can be discarded by setting the 6112s to around 2'', yeah?

3) With the 6112s maxed out, total front end lift would be around 6.8'' before things settle and break in?

4) What range of adjustment do the Fox 2.0s that come with the BDS kit have? I've read their range is 4''-7'' of total lift? Is this correct?

5) Between the 6112s and Fox 2.0s, which would offer the cushiest street ride? How drastically would that ride diminish if either was lifted 0.5-1.0'' for 6.5-7'' of total lift?

Besides the 6112 and 2.0 being a 2.5 vs 2.0 body shock, I'm not sure what the valving on the Bilsteins is at all. I'm pretty sure the Fox 2.0s use progressive valving with linear springs and no compression/rebound adjustment at all? I know Bilstein has all kinds of available coils lengths and rates, are custom spring rates available with the Fox 2.0s?

6) Lastly, I know many people have run spacers in the rear with their Zone or BDS kits. How well do the 5'' lift rear coils and Fox Adventure or whatever 2.0s ride with a 0.5-1.0'' spacer in the rear? Would I be sacrificing a lot of comfort by running a spacer?

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I've got my choices narrowed down to the Zone and BDS 6'' front 5'' rear lifts and I've got some final questions. I'm not sure what the stroke to wheel travel ratio is on these trucks so when I say 2'' or 4'' spacers, I mean total lift, not actual spacer thickness. Correct me if I'm wrong here hah.

1) On both strut spacer kits, there's a 4'' top hat spacer and 2'' preload spacer to achieve 6'' of lift with factory length struts, correct?

2) I see a lot of folks using Bilstein 6112s. With these struts, the 4'' top spacer is mandatory, however the preload spacer can be discarded by setting the 6112s to around 2'', yeah?

3) With the 6112s maxed out, total front end lift would be around 6.8'' before things settle and break in?

4) What range of adjustment do the Fox 2.0s that come with the BDS kit have? I've read their range is 4''-7'' of total lift? Is this correct?

5) Between the 6112s and Fox 2.0s, which would offer the cushiest street ride? How drastically would that ride diminish if either was lifted 0.5-1.0'' for 6.5-7'' of total lift?

Besides the 6112 and 2.0 being a 2.5 vs 2.0 body shock, I'm not sure what the valving on the Bilsteins is at all. I'm pretty sure the Fox 2.0s use progressive valving with linear springs and no compression/rebound adjustment at all? I know Bilstein has all kinds of available coils lengths and rates, are custom spring rates available with the Fox 2.0s?

6) Lastly, I know many people have run spacers in the rear with their Zone or BDS kits. How well do the 5'' lift rear coils and Fox Adventure or whatever 2.0s ride with a 0.5-1.0'' spacer in the rear? Would I be sacrificing a lot of comfort by running a spacer?

Nick@gotexhaust can dial in this lift kit for you and easily answer all these questions for you. And then to top it off get you the best price on a whole kit.

OP
OP
heckcat9

heckcat9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You have your own packages, badass. I was going to ask him on pricing at the very least, I'll send him a link to these questions as well now. Thank you.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There is a ton of options out there. Really depends on how you use the truck and how much you want to spend. I think for your use you are on the right track.

Zone lift with out a doubt a great option for the lift

front struts/coil overs....without going to 2.5's I would recommend the 6112's or Fox 2.0 coil overs

Rear shocks, I actually like the Fox adventure series that are an option for the Zone lift. I feel they work well with the spring rate of the Zone lift.

RJL1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My lift is in my sig. Bought it from @Nick@GotExhaust (Outstanding deal/customer service) and had it installed by @Quick_Shifter (Knows these trucks like the back of his hand. Very knowledgeable and helpful). My truck rides like a DREAM!

As far as ZONE/BDS they're basically the same.

If you haven't thought about it yet, see if some ZONE UCA's fit you're budget. Get everything done at once.

Just my experience/ 2 cents.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My lift is in my sig. Bought it from @Nick@GotExhaust (Outstanding deal/customer service) and had it installed by @Quick_Shifter (Knows these trucks like the back of his hand. Very knowledgeable and helpful). My truck rides like a DREAM!

As far as ZONE/BDS they're basically the same.

If you haven't thought about it yet, see if some ZONE UCA's fit you're budget. Get everything done at once.

Just my experience/ 2 cents.

Thank you! solid points made here. I agree if you can swing the Zone UCA's (NOT BDS) now that would be a good idea and a great addition to the package we are building.

OP
OP
heckcat9

heckcat9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the Zone control arms currently since I'm running 3" spacers. They are definitely a good choice and correct the front geometry well.

Looks like it'll be the Zone 6"/5" kit with 6112s from Nick.

Do the 5" lift rear coils come marked or are specs available from Zone? Mainly looking for rate and free length.

fltekdiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Dodge Ram 1500 5th Gen
Engine
3.6L
Nick is definitely an asset to have on here as a sponsor
Not only great service, but super fast shipping and best prices hands down
Your in Good hands , good luck show us pics when done !