Zone Body Lift 1.5 Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LeeS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoalDiesel
Hey my fellow Ram brothers and sisters, I was hoping someone out there could give us a comprehensive guide to installing the Zone 1.5" body lift kit. Tips and tricks, time saver's etc etc........hoping to install next week so all the help I can get would be so appreciated.

Cheers!

OP
OP
LeeS

LeeS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoalDiesel
The most confusing aspect of the instructions seem to be the installation of the rear most cab mounts and the crush blocks for the bed. I have a 2015 Laramie and I would like to verify that I can in fact leave the grill, lights, and top bumper cover on during install? Laramie has chrome bumpers with factory flares for reference

Puba08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You have to remove the front bumper and grill. The front bumper gets new holes drilled in the frame to remount it. Headlights you can leave it think. I actually changed out my head lights during the BL install.
The rear crush blocks are a pita to get in. Can’t see where they go, just have to feel for it. That and the rear bumper are the hardest parts. When doing the rear bumper, do not drill out all the holes. Only the middle hole gets drilled. The stock bolts go back in the stock holes.
The instructions are horrible for Zone. I used Performance Accessories, Rough Country’s and Zones to get it installed. And definitely use air or battery impact tools. I installed mine with hand tools SMH. A quick trip to the store fixed that for future installs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
LeeS

LeeS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoalDiesel
Thanks, appreciate the feedback. I've downloaded the other instructions sheets and yes they definitely help as a reference to put it all together.

OP
OP
LeeS

LeeS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoalDiesel
im a little confused on the rear crush block install. I see there are 2 per side. The instructions say to ...... Remove the rubber bed supports. Transfer them to the new bed spacer blocks. Could you explain this procedure? Where are the rubber supports and how do you re use them?

Puba08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
They are on the frame. You can’t see them. I had to just feel for them and pull them out. It was a MAJOR PITA.

Puba08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
IIRC the rubber support gets removed from the frame, rubber support gets installed inside the block and then pushed back into the mounting hole (if that makes sense). See figure 12 on the Zone instructions.