Zone / Superlift - Here we go again.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXRedneck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I’m almost certain I’d be happy with a 4” lift but I’ve read so many threads/comments saying “Get the 6” and leave the preload spacers out” etc…. @Nick@GotExhaust mentioned many people wishing they had gone with a 6”…So here’s some questions to narrow things down for me.

Is a Zone 6” with preload spacers left out (5”) with stock struts basically the same height as a Superlift 4” with Bilsteins set at .7 or has math failed me?

What’s the difference between Zone and Superlift 6” strut spacers? Example: @6.7CumminsDrvr has posted numerous times “get the 6 inch and leave the preload spacer out which will give you a 4 inch front”, whereas @JB1 & @Quick_Shifter (and numerous others) have posted a Zone 6” with preload spacer left out will give you 5 inch lift. What gives?

IF I can swing it, I’m trying to go with a 6” lift (no preload spacers) and still fit in the garage. Shark fin. I know a Superlift 4” with Bils at .7 will fit thanks to 6.7cumminsdrvr. But the Zone 6” (5/3) seems a little more versatile and I ain’t into doing **** twice.

Turning radius – Superlift says “Factory turning radius is retained. What about Zone?

One of JB1s posts said you can basically go with a Zone 6” without preload spacers and not replace struts, just stick with factory. Is this doable/recommended? (Coilovers could be a stretch for me)…

What kind of rake can I expect on a Zone 5/3? I’d prefer some rake, damn sure do want a saggy ass. My ex can confirm.

Measurements: 2 5/8 Rake

L Front - 36 1/2
L Rear – 39 1/8

’16 Ram 1500 4x4 Hemi. 321s.

Long I know – but figured one thread was better.

I appreciate your help fellers.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I’m almost certain I’d be happy with a 4” lift but I’ve read so many threads/comments saying “Get the 6” and leave the preload spacers out” etc…. @Nick@GotExhaust mentioned many people wishing they had gone with a 6”…So here’s some questions to narrow things down for me.

Is a Zone 6” with preload spacers left out (5”) with stock struts basically the same height as a Superlift 4” with Bilsteins set at .7 or has math failed me?

What’s the difference between Zone and Superlift 6” strut spacers? Example: @6.7CumminsDrvr has posted numerous times “get the 6 inch and leave the preload spacer out which will give you a 4 inch front”, whereas @JB1 & @Quick_Shifter (and numerous others) have posted a Zone 6” with preload spacer left out will give you 5 inch lift. What gives?

IF I can swing it, I’m trying to go with a 6” lift (no preload spacers) and still fit in the garage. Shark fin. I know a Superlift 4” with Bils at .7 will fit thanks to 6.7cumminsdrvr. But the Zone 6” (5/3) seems a little more versatile and I ain’t into doing **** twice.

Turning radius – Superlift says “Factory turning radius is retained. What about Zone?

One of JB1s posts said you can basically go with a Zone 6” without preload spacers and not replace struts, just stick with factory. Is this doable/recommended? (Coilovers could be a stretch for me)…

What kind of rake can I expect on a Zone 5/3? I’d prefer some rake, damn sure do want a saggy ass. My ex can confirm.

Measurements: 2 5/8 Rake

L Front - 36 1/2
L Rear – 39 1/8

’16 Ram 1500 4x4 Hemi. 321s.

Long I know – but figured one thread was better.

I appreciate your help fellers.
If you Do the Zone 5/3 you’ll be at 41 1/2” front and 42 1/8 rear little under 3/4” of rake. If you’re staying with factory struts leave the preload spacer out and opt for the 5” rear coil springs. @Nick@GotExhaust can set you up with the full kit. You’ll then want bigger tires so you’ll need to figure out how close you’re cutting it fitting into your garage. You have definitely done your homework so I don’t think you’ll have a problem getting everything together and having an awesome truck at the end of your journey

OP
OP
TXRedneck

TXRedneck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just when I thought I had it somewhat figured out...Why the 5" rear coils rather than the 3"?

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@TXRedneck As far as the height difference between Zone and Superlift without the preload spacer………the “big” spacer that sits on top of the strut assembly from Zone is slightly bigger. Up front, Superlift uses the exact same components on the 4” and 6” lifts…….the 6” gets the “extra pre-load” spacer to generate the additional 2”.

RJL1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My measurements to the middle of the front fender is 42 1/4" in the front and 43 1/4" in the back with the stock tires on. My set up is in my signature and the ride is absolutely fantastic. I have a ton of pics in my media with some before and after pictures.

OP
OP
TXRedneck

TXRedneck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
@TXRedneck As far as the height difference between Zone and Superlift without the preload spacer………the “big” spacer that sits on top of the strut assembly from Zone is slightly bigger. Up front, Superlift uses the exact same components on the 4” and 6” lifts…….the 6” gets the “extra pre-load” spacer to generate the additional 2”.
Thank you, Sir. That's what I was trying to figure out.

OP
OP
TXRedneck

TXRedneck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Because that still gives you the rake you said you were still wanting. I have the 3" rear coil and wish I had gotten the 5"
I think 3/4" -1" would work for me. Just didn't want a saggy ass. 5" coils seems like I'd be pushing it getting into the garage.

OP
OP
TXRedneck

TXRedneck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My measurements to the middle of the front fender is 42 1/4" in the front and 43 1/4" in the back with the stock tires on. My set up is in my signature and the ride is absolutely fantastic. I have a ton of pics in my media with some before and after pictures.
Thanks RJ,

The stance of your truck is perfect. Let me ask a stupid question to be clear: When you say measurements to "middle of fender" are you saying from ground center and measuring to the bottom of front fender (which is what I did) or are you actually measuring to the middle of the front fender?

RJL1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for the compliment bud. The measurement I took is from the ground to the bottom of the fenders.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963