Zone UCA Ball joint squeaking… AGAIN

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
healthyrx

healthyrx

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport Night
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So it looks like the blue ring that holds the rubber boot on the ball joint is loose and the rubber boot pulled through the ring. Don’t know if it was over tightened or what happened there..I used a screw driver to try to tuck the boot back through the blue ring and I guess since this is shot already I may put some spray glue or RTV sealant on there to try to minimize the grease loss so that I can get back home tomorrow

Comparing this side to the passenger side, the whole rubber boot is blown up much larger and the silver ring at the bottom of the boot is not even visible on the bad side

driver side (bad)494B7660-0C8B-449A-8134-495571363036.jpeg
Passenger side (good)
E75F75D5-7BBA-4EA1-9EFE-90D11FE304D6.jpeg

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
So it looks like the blue ring that holds the rubber boot on the ball joint is loose and the rubber boot pulled through the ring. Don’t know if it was over tightened or what happened there..I used a screw driver to try to tuck the boot back through the blue ring and I guess since this is shot already I may put some spray glue or RTV sealant on there to try to minimize the grease loss so that I can get back home tomorrow

Comparing this side to the passenger side, the whole rubber boot is blown up much larger and the silver ring at the bottom of the boot is not even visible on the bad side

driver side (bad)View attachment 486271
Passenger side (good)
View attachment 486273
My guess is when they installed them they used an impact and spun them which over torqued them and spun the boot off. I thought you did your own install at your in laws house

OP
OP
healthyrx

healthyrx

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport Night
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My guess is when they installed them they used an impact and spun them which over torqued them and spun the boot off. I thought you did your own install at your in laws house
The intitial install of the lift kit and UCAs was done by a shop In west palm beach… since then I’ve done my own install for the BL, Brakes and when my JBA UCAs come in I’ll be installing them too

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
The intitial install of the lift kit and UCAs was done by a shop In west palm beach… since then I’ve done my own install for the BL, Brakes and when my JBA UCAs come in I’ll be installing them too
Right on. Then yes they impacted them on and spun it. It is still warranties though

OP
OP
healthyrx

healthyrx

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport Night
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Heard back from zone on the size for the grease fitting for any who are curious and for future reference
Zone UCA uses a 1/4-28 x 1-1/8 OAL grease fitting ZDC

Edit: zone part number 1698 available to purchase through some sales department as well

Last edited: