Anyone use Spotify for music?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How do you use it? I'm thinking about paying for a subscription so I can bluetooth music on the bike and in the truck. I'm not opposed to paying the $10 monthly fee for the full version and I understand there will be more things available with the subscription but I wanted to try the free version first to see if its actually worth the money. I selected several artists I listen to from various genre's but I cant seem to figure out how to shuffle through all the artists to get it to play random songs. If I pick an artist it only plays music from that artist until I go in and select a different artist then a different artist and so on. Like I said, I get the free version will be a little different than the paid version but is there any way to do what I want on the paid version? If it can automatically and randomly shuffle throughout my chosen artist's I will gladly pony up the money. Anyone have experience with this crap? Lol

BNeal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I gave up on Spotify for that very reason. I now have a subscription with Pandora and I really like it. I can build channels simply by typing in an artists name, and it automatically populates the channel with other like music and artists. However, I know tons of people use Spotify, so maybe I just missed something, but Pandora's doing it for me and I'm happy.

shrubs

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Paid Pandora. Spotify for 6 mos. free. I check on the net to look for ways to try and optimize either.

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
i occasionally think about trying it.right now i use amazon for offline music for my boats and my side by side,and the serius phone app with the bonus channels. so far it all works for me.at home i use stingray and youtube music.in the truck i have a usb with about 150 of my favourite songs.

OP
OP
Rlaf75

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, I was able to use the free version of spotify today because I was in the truck for most it the day. So far it think it's pretty good. There's definitely a little learning curve to it. I think I'll keep using the free version a little longer before I pay for a subscription just so I can learn the app a little better

mb33458

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 etorque
I use I Heart Radio, and prime music.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
Amazon Music has been the best for me, especially since it's HD for same price now. In my Camaro I can tell a big difference in sound quality between the different levels of compression, and a smaller differenc in the Ram.

Vicdog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HeMi 5.7
If you play ’artist_name radio’ it will play like artist music

Rekdreation

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Prime here too.

I like the offline option and that you can play any song any time you want instead of you getting what the app decides.

The selection is somewhat limited though.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Build a playlist with songs you like form those artists then you can shuffle that. I want to say it will also build a channel on it's own of stuff you like but I'll have to go back and look?

I just paid for Spotify premium. I had been using prime but my kids all prefer Spotify so I switch over to that. It also seems to have the most compatibility with 3rd party applications like car play, android auto, garmin and samsung watch etc.

What is ******* me off is the podcasts. Apparently paying for premium ad free only applies to music and I like to listen to podcasts and they are becoming full of cut-in ads and it's ******* me off. Especially when it is constant advertising of a political candidate that I can't stand.

Last edited:

Rekdreation

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does Spotify have an offline option?

How about playing songs you want when you want (as opposed to shuffling like oandira?)

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Does Spotify have an offline option?

How about playing songs you want when you want (as opposed to shuffling like oandira?)

Yes, you can download music and podcasts to play offline.

Not sure what you mean about playing songs when you want them? If you don't want to shuffle it will play in the order of the playlist or you can select individual songs to play.

Rekdreation

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes, you can download music and podcasts to play offline.

Not sure what you mean about playing songs when you want them? If you don't want to shuffle it will play in the order of the playlist or you can select individual songs to play.

Yes, that's what I meant. Thx.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
Prime here too.

I like the offline option and that you can play any song any time you want instead of you getting what the app decides.

The selection is somewhat limited though.

If you pay the upgrade for "unlimited" vs the version that's free with Prime the selection is huge. I've not found a song I wanted to hear that it didn't have and have discovered dozens of small/independent artists that have a catalog on Unlimited. Did you know there's still bands making surfer rock, rockabilly, bluegrass, and real country music instead of the bro-country that's on the radio? It's well worth $10/mo to me. Plus it's all in CD quality or better.

Rekdreation

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you pay the upgrade for "unlimited" vs the version that's free with Prime the selection is huge. I've not found a song I wanted to hear that it didn't have and have discovered dozens of small/independent artists that have a catalog on Unlimited. Did you know there's still bands making surfer rock, rockabilly, bluegrass, and real country music instead of the bro-country that's on the radio? It's well worth $10/mo to me. Plus it's all in CD quality or better.
Might try it, then.

Gets frustrating when I have songs downloaded or in a Playlist and the remove it for whatever reason.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Might try it, then.

Gets frustrating when I have songs downloaded or in a Playlist and the remove it for whatever reason.

I've had that happen even with the unlimited prime music. Haven't been on Spotify long enough to know if they do it as well?

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
I've had that happen even with the unlimited prime music. Haven't been on Spotify long enough to know if they do it as well?

Songs sometimes get removed due to the artist or production company requests or due to contract negotiations not reaching an agreement, and that's for any streaming platform.

Dwight Yokum sued his former production company fairly recently for rights to certain songs and during the lawsuit those songs weren't available on any streaming, as an example.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Songs sometimes get removed due to the artist or production company requests or due to contract negotiations not reaching an agreement, and that's for any streaming platform.

Dwight Yokum sued his former production company fairly recently for rights to certain songs and during the lawsuit those songs weren't available on any streaming, as an example.

Yeah, I get that. Was just saying I have seen songs/artists disappear even on the unlimited plan in answer to his question. No plan is immune to that and I have seen more then a couple on Prime unlimited.

chopperdog45

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7
In the Spotify app, go to "Search" and search for your artist, then in the results, select the one that says the artist's name radio. For example, if you search for Iron Maiden, in the results there will be an option for Iron Maiden Radio. Select that one and it will play Iron Maiden and other similar artists.

Also, once you have "liked" a bunch of songs, you can play all of your liked songs as a playlist.