Bed separating?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I was cleaning out my bed today and saw daylight through a seam...is this normal? This picture is from inside the bed, driver side, just forward/above the wheel well on a Rambox bed.

570f6fbb33df29a641691f026b4097c0.jpg

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi
doesn't seem normal to me. seems it would be too far back for a "drain hole". I have a spray in liner so I may have the same thing and just not know.

does the passenger side have the same opening?

OP
OP
SitKneelBend

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I checked and didn't see it on the opposite side or anywhere else in the bed for that matter. If you look at the picture you'll see a drain plug adjacent to this opening.

I need to get all of the dirt blown out to see if this is also consistent at other points in the bed. There's a bit of debris all along this seem everywhere but here in the bed.

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Those are manufacturing tolerance issues... that's actually withing manufacturing tolerances believe it or not. Lots of beds have those gaps historically. Mine did until I had the bed liner sprayed.

OP
OP
SitKneelBend

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Those are manufacturing tolerance issues... that's actually withing manufacturing tolerances believe it or not. Lots of beds have those gaps historically. Mine did until I had the bed liner sprayed.
Thanks! I think I'll take it to the dealer and see what they have to say. Ive been wanting to spray the bed, maybe I'll get a discount? Not counting on it but my dealer is pretty good.

TatertotScott

The man, the myth, the legend, the one and only!
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mine has these gaps all around the floor plate. I simoly figured it was normal. Let us know what the dealer says. For now, I simply dropped a Rugged Liner in there.

Tapatalked from my expensive "smart" phone.

Ballistic308

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

Without question, that’s well within forming tolerances.

OP
OP
SitKneelBend

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Mine has these gaps all around the floor plate. I simoly figured it was normal. Let us know what the dealer says. For now, I simply dropped a Rugged Liner in there.

Tapatalked from my expensive "smart" phone.
Will do, I have a transmission issue too of harsh shifting 8-6 after long periods of highway driving I'm trying to show them too. The next time I get it to do it will be when this issue gets brought up.