Cab mounted cargo/brake LED conversation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I just bought a new 21 Built to Serve edition a couple of weeks ago and every exterior light on it is LED except the cab mounted brake and cargo lights. My question is, is there any way to convert them to LED without programming or reprogramming anything? Maybe just replace the bulbs perhaps? Are there CAN-BUS compatible bulbs that wont interfere with anything or leave a error message or a code?

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
On my 2013 I just replaced the bulbs with LED canbus bulbs and had NO issues, just plug & play. Red LED for the brake lights and white for the cargo. Don't remember the bulb number, but I did get them from superbrightled.

TITOPOLLITO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
He-Mi
I have not really checked on recent updates but the last I read was even with CAN-BUS compliant bulbs it interfered with the key fob since the receiver in the 2021 is near the CM brake light...unless you buy the Genuine Ram one with the camera

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I just bought a new 21 Built to Serve edition a couple of weeks ago and every exterior light on it is LED except the cab mounted brake and cargo lights. My question is, is there any way to convert them to LED without programming or reprogramming anything? Maybe just replace the bulbs perhaps? Are there CAN-BUS compatible bulbs that wont interfere with anything or leave a error message or a code?

We cant unless you want keyfob issues. Ram made a mistake and had to put hologen bulbs in the third brake light to avoid interference

heefageLA

Reaction score
Ram Year
05, 14, 17, 20, 23
Ive had these on for 2 weeks now with no issues... White for the two cargo lights and Red for the brake.

EDIT: Nevermind the Profile Pic. I have a 2020 Laramie now.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I put Led's in the brake light and cargo lights with no issue, plug and play.

Southern Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I put Led’s in the cargo lights with no issues. Check out Lasfit.com that’s where I got mine.