Mygig Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

durango4819

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
i want to get the mygig head unit for my truck with navigation, uconnect, sat radio, etc. and i dont know which one i need for my truck. i see high speed and low speed, RER, REP, RES......not sure whats compatible for my truck lol. I have an 09 with no steering wheel controls, and my stock radio is not touch screen or anything and has sat radio and the ipod hook up in the front. anyone know? i hope this is enough info.

zuiquan1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You need one with a High speed bus, Low speed will not work. RER is the touch screen with navigation, while REN is touchscreen without. The codes have changed a few times over the years and there are different ones for different parts of the world.

I would look at a RER or REN with a HSB to swap in. My first Ram was a base model and I bought an REN off ebay and never had any issues.

OP
OP
durango4819

durango4819

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
I would like the same radio in my truck. I have the one you have Mike.

its not a bad radio i just want touch screen and nav

You need one with a High speed bus, Low speed will not work. RER is the touch screen with navigation, while REN is touchscreen without. The codes have changed a few times over the years and there are different ones for different parts of the world.

I would look at a RER or REN with a HSB to swap in. My first Ram was a base model and I bought an REN off ebay and never had any issues.

thanks for the info. im slowly putting upgrades on my truck that didnt come on the SLT model.

Ramajama

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I am a newbie to RAM trucks. I just bought a 2011 SLT and I want to upgrade the head unit as well.
Thanks for this info. That clears up REN & RER...but what is the RBZ? I see that alot when I look for MyGigs.

Just to clarify...my 2011 will need the High Speed BUS, correct?

Last edited:

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I am a newbie to RAM trucks. I just bought a 2011 SLT and I want to upgrade the head unit as well.
Thanks for this info. That clears up REN & RER...but what is the RBZ? I see that alot when I look for MyGigs.

Just to clarify...my 2011 will need the High Speed BUS, correct?

Welcome to RF!!! I think the RBZ might be an older version, hopefully somebody who knows for sure will chime in.

Ramajama

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thak you! Glad to be here!

Yep, I think that RBZ is the last thing I need to clear up and I'll be pretty good to go on the upgrade.

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Mine is a 2010 and it is a RBZ. It's the non-nav touchscreen. I think if I'm not mistaken the numbers for it are 430 and the nav unit looks exactly the same but the number is 430N. I'm just not sure if RBZ is the same name for nav and non-nav units.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
ok, to throw another wrench into this. I have a 2011 with NAV and my code is RHB

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
What is a good after market head unit with touch screen? I want a good one where when it goes in it looks stock.

I think Pioneer makes one that looks kinda similar but doesn't have but buttons on the left side (whereas the factory has them on both).

ok, to throw another wrench into this. I have a 2011 with NAV and my code is RHB

Noooo

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Also if you try to find one that has green lights that will blend more with the stock look too. My brother in law had a sweet unit in his Challenger - you could actually change the color of the buttons. I'm pretty sure that was a Pioneer too.

Butch, I think we need to do a radio swap next. :D You don't really need that fancy nav unit do you? LOL

Ramajama

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Oh no! RHB? LOL! I wonder if it has anything to do with UConnect, backup cam etc...

Thanks for the info. Please keep it coming.

I'm kinda thinking that as long as I get one with a High Speed BUS, I;'m good.

AV8B6015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
My code is RHR
I have the 730N
Touchscreen Nav Uconnect

AV8B6015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
What are the differences between the 430N and the 730N?

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
i don't know. I would imagine the 730 is the older model?