Project Farm Air Filter Tests

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I love this YouTube channel. He recently tested several popular air filter options. The results for the K&N were...eye opening (my Wix filter just arrived in the mail).

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

OCDTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Agreed, he goes to great lengths to make sure the tests are accurate. He has two I can think of that are really interesting to me.

1. Engine restore ( chemical for worn engines ) CHECK out how it helped his big tractor.

2. The gas vaporizing deal ( Always heard that myth about the government takeing the car back from the mechanic.) Don't know if you've heard that urban legend.

Anyway that test put the myth to bed for me. IE Busted.

OP
OP
SitKneelBend

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Yeah, he kinda reminds me of the Jordan Peterson of technical things.

He genuinely seems like a guy who enjoys sharing knowledge to make the world a better place. You'll start watching videos you had no idea you'd be interested in. Next up on my list "Is Leaded Fuel Better Than Unleaded Fuel?"... I don't know but I'm going to find out!

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

OCDTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I went in lowes couple of years ago to ask for some oil based paint, little guy looked at me like i was from mars. Sir we only have water based paint, the EPA cracked down on that while ago. I had no idea, i hate painting.

OCDTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thats what I always thought but after seeing that video I'm not so sure. I'm thinking it would have to so saturated with oil to catch all the fine dust that it wouldn't flow very well.....

Im definitely not a fan of those. I usually go with oem air filter if i can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Agreed, he goes to great lengths to make sure the tests are accurate. He has two I can think of that are really interesting to me.

1. Engine restore ( chemical for worn engines ) CHECK out how it helped his big tractor.

2. The gas vaporizing deal ( Always heard that myth about the government takeing the car back from the mechanic.) Don't know if you've heard that urban legend.

Anyway that test put the myth to bed for me. IE Busted.

I'm guessing you're referring to Smokey Yunicks engine.There's several theories on what transpired over his engine testing,and now that the old bugger has passed away,we'll probably never get the truth on what happened to his ideas. HotRod did an article on it about 10 years ago.

https://www.hotrod.com/articles/hrdp-1009-what-ever-happened-to-smokeys-hot-vapor-engine/

OCDTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Sounds like it, can't wait to read it. Thanks. PS I never knew his name.

Old Smokey was a master at interpreting rules and stretching them to the limit,lol. He was one of the first to flush mount windows in his race cars,but I still think one of the best ones was when they told him the amount of fuel he was allowed to carry in a fuel cell,but nobody said he couldn't run honking big fuel lines,and gain another gallon or 2 of fuel in the lines ,lol