Totally Newbie Question Re: Mygig

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My Bighorn came with the crappy stereo, has serious but doesnt even have Uconnect. I ask if they could swap out and they said no. I wanted the rest of it so I got it.

Anyway, I was wondering if there is a plug and play way to put a mygig in. I want to keep the satellite radio, and prefer not to have to do an assload of calling around to explain what im doing.

Any ideas, thoughts, tips, help you can give on this is appreciated. Also where to purchase at a reasonable price (not dealer) and how hard is install or the cost of having it done. Thanks again.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
all of the stock radios are interchangable. I had a RBZ in mine for a bit, and just sold it a few weeks ago. Your Sirius subscription will follow the radio though, so keep that in mind.

Swapping? Not hard. See - http://www.ramforum.com/f75/installing-dd-your-4th-gen-502/

same idea except you aren't putting in aftermarket.

Voodoochi1d

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When I swapped my radio out, I had to call sirrus and give them the old ID and the new ID so they could transfer my 1 yr subscription over.
it worked with no issues, the dodge dealership gave me the old sat id, and the new sat id, and sat traffic id. I did have to start paying for the traffic, but it was like 3 bucks or something.
Good luck.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
wow, i can't believe the dealer said no and passed up the opportunity to charge you a boat load of money to swap it

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
so do you already have the mygig radio or are you still looking to get one?

SMITHY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Dodge Ram Quad 4x4
Engine
4.7 Magnum
I am in the same boat with you. My salesman pointed to the button on my radio with the phone and said oh yeah hands free with U-Connect.

So I ran home read the manual and tried it and said it is not available. So there is some module you can buy to make it work costs like I think 180 bucks and then another 90 to program it after install.

I contacted my sales man right away and left him a message and guess what??????

He never called my ass back!!!