Window Regulator Rear Passenger and Driver Side

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whitwolf1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2012 Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L with Crew Cab, I had the Passenger Side fail first and the wire somehow was bunched up inside causing the it to longer function normally. I wound up not able to find the part before and just wrapping the wire around the inside of the door to force the window up until I could find a suitable part. Come 4 months later the Driver window fell and is no longer functioning currently taped up.

I am not able to find any rear window regulators anywhere online through Mopar parts, Advanced , Rock auto.... Do they even make rear window regulators with the track is there something I can do? I am at a loss as to what I can do for this.

I am hoping someone has been in the same boat and maybe has a part number I can go off or maybe a suitable alternative.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I have a 2012 Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L with Crew Cab, I had the Passenger Side fail first and the wire somehow was bunched up inside causing the it to longer function normally. I wound up not able to find the part before and just wrapping the wire around the inside of the door to force the window up until I could find a suitable part. Come 4 months later the Driver window fell and is no longer functioning currently taped up.

I am not able to find any rear window regulators anywhere online through Mopar parts, Advanced , Rock auto.... Do they even make rear window regulators with the track is there something I can do? I am at a loss as to what I can do for this.

I am hoping someone has been in the same boat and maybe has a part number I can go off or maybe a suitable alternative.
You might try an auto salvager like LKQ online.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Look at some youtube videos for the reason of the fallen window
you will have to take the door panel off, again loads of youtube videos explaining that process

Once the first panel is removed, you will see a squared off rubber panel
once you pull the rubber panel, you will be able to see the window glass & the white plastic holders that usually keep the window from falling down

I would post the video, but the Admins on this site keep removing them
I guess i can't help another member.
Why i can't show a Do It Yourself Video with no advertising makes no damn sense

RCT009

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Whitwolf1, did you find any replacement parts? I had my 2016 Tradesman rear driver window fail. Upon inspection the cable runs through a plastic clip on either side of the metal track. The cable wore a hole in the plastic and got stuck. The plastic pieces snap right off, but I cannot find those parts anywhere and all searchers want you to buy the entire door assembly for $250 plus. It’s a serious design flaw that there are no rollers, just a metal cable that slides over plastic with some grease.