13 Ram no crank flashing dash and a clicking noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bakerxsmurf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi I got a 13 ram with nothing at first I thought it was a battery issue but two new batteries later still nothing it starts intermittently and randomly when driving ram will lose power and the dash will start to freak out all of this with a clicking noise from the transmission housing

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 2
OP
OP
B

Bakerxsmurf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Also odb won’t read any codes it comes back saying error

Mohamed Albana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I’m in same boat was it the ignition switch. I can read codes but I think I fried ignition w alpha obd

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Put a digital voltmeter on a B+ source away from the battery, like the 12V accessory socket. Try it again and tell us what you get.

May not be the battery, but sure sounds like a supply voltage or bad ground situation from the limited info you have supplied.

OP
OP
B

Bakerxsmurf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It’s a wire under my dash I’m unclear which one I’ll update when I find out

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Very likey the WIN module ...assuming your wiring and battery connections (& grounds) are 'good'. WIN module contacts can be cleaned and/or repaired (if there's a bad solder joint). Do a youtube search on "WIN module Repair" and you'll see a bunch of DIY videos. It's not limited to just RAMs either. Heavy key chains seem to flake out the contacts in the WIN module ..antecdotally.

Or you can buy a new one if you aren't into DIY.

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The first thing I would look for are loose wiring connections or bad ground connections. It's not shorting out and blowing fuses so probably not a frayed power wire. #1 would be to check all the ground cables and their connections to the frame or engine block. Keep in mind that even if the connections feel tight they may be corroded/rusted up and not always getting a good connection. A multimeter can help diagnose the issue as you can trace power and ground.