2007 Dodge RAM 1500, 5.7 L Hemi intermittent failure of elec key fob

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shade Tree Dave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L V-8 Hemi
Please provide your advice/input. My 2007 Dodge 1500 Big Horn Edition, 5.7 Liter Hemi V-8 does something strange intermittently. About 1 out of 3 times the electronic remote key fob/door opener will function correctly. Both to open the doors remotely from outside the truck, and to lock or unlock all 4 doors with the press of a button, which ***** the horn upon locking only. While sitting in the truck with the engine running the drivers side electric door switch will always correctly lock or unlock all 4 doors so I do Not think it is an electric door switch. 2 out of 3 times when I shut the engine off, and I open the door to exit the vehicle a Loud chime begins and rings over and over rapidly. That is the signal that something is wrong. At this time the door mounted door lock button will not lock all 4 doors, but will unlock them. The key fob will not operate anything. Only by locking the doors using the door mounted electric button/switch lock can I lock all 4 doors (before exiting the vehicle). Once exited, I have to manually lock the drivers door. If I forget to do this before exiting the vehicle I have to walk around the truck and lock each door manually as the door mounted electric lock button will not work once the door is opened. In addition, sometimes the ABS red light comes on while I am driving, and Not applying the brake. It goes off after a short while without my doing anything. Anyone think or know that this might be a malfunctioning Clockspring? Any other guesses or experience with this particular issue?

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
Yeah I’ve hear of bad clock springs doing some weird things, could be ignition switch too.