2012 Ram 5.7 cam upgrade 6.4 or stage one comp cam ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dcarson040

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Long story short I bought my truck had it 2 months needed cam and lifter replacement done. Had a shop do it it took 14 weeks just for the timing to be off and bend pushrods and valves. Had the heads redone for that repair. Took it some one else’s ti redo the job. Have the lowers end tore down cleaned and honed. Mahle piston rings and all internal fasteners and head studs are ARP. I also ordered BBK short tubes. My question is do I put a 6.4 cam in or a stage one comp cam. I’ve already put a lot into it. Might as well do an upgrade on the cam. MDs delete is also being done as well. Also wasn’t sure if I needed a cam phaser limiter or lock kit for the 6.4 cam I know it’s needed on the stage one comp cam.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dcarson040

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Not doing any forced induction at this time maybe in the future. Basically have no idea what I’m doing just try to get my truck running and add a little power it’s my daily driver so I didn’t want to go crazy with it. But I’ll take a look at the link you sent me. This is my first truck I’ve always had little 4 bangers. So I am lost on what to do.

La Ramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I went with 6.4 cam on my build because it doesn't require a phase locker or limiter.
You might as well take a look at MMX No Tune NSR 5.7 and 6.4 Cams. Both require no locker or limiter.