4th Gen Ram Regular Cab Black Headliner?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Tradesman Regular Cab
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I am looking for a vin number from a 4th Gen Ram Regular Cab with a full black headliner and trim visors, overhead console, A-pillars ect. I have never seen one, do they exist? I want to do mine in all black. Any help would be great!

Pic for reference.

2016-Dodge-ram-interior-side.jpeg

Stelios

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
They don't exist but the new 2500 regular cab big horns come with a black headliner if you get the sport appearance package. Same cab so the A and B pillars should fit but they changed the overhead console area so I don't know about the hole area for that.

Screen Shot 2019-10-06 at 1.21.17 PM.png

werdna1977

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I am looking for a vin number from a 4th Gen Ram Regular Cab with a full black headliner and trim visors, overhead console, A-pillars ect. I have never seen one, do they exist? I want to do mine in all black. Any help would be great!
Pic for reference.

View attachment 182393

You could always pull out the headliner and cover with material from here for a fairly cheap price. The material comes with a foam back like factory material

https://m.yourautotrim.com/black.html

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You could always pull out the headliner and cover with material from here for a fairly cheap price. The material comes with a foam back like factory material

@circuitguy

This.

I re-clothed the headliner in my old truck....not to change the color, just to fix it because it was hanging down, but it was relatively easy and the material is cheap on Ebay. Look for headliner material by the roll...it will have a foam backing.

The hardest part will be removing the headliner from the truck without removing the windshield like the service manual says. Then you have to clean off the original foam backing and adhesive, then put on the new material.

Does the RAM Rebel Black Edition (how you got the nice center armrest) have a black headliner?

werdna1977

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
@circuitguy

This.

I re-clothed the headliner in my old truck....not to change the color, just to fix it because it was hanging down, but it was relatively easy and the material is cheap on Ebay. Look for headliner material by the roll...it will have a foam backing.

The hardest part will be removing the headliner from the truck without removing the windshield like the service manual says. Then you have to clean off the original foam backing and adhesive, then put on the new material.

Does the RAM Rebel Black Edition (how you got the nice center armrest) have a black headliner?

I know they have it for the CC. Im looking at changing mine because i think the black in black interior is so much nicer!

OP
OP
circuitguy

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI

I can do up my headliner in black swede easy its the other parts I need. Visors, over head console, visor hooks, coat hooks, dome light, mics, B-pillars, A-pillars.

The B-pillars are the real problem getting.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Agreed. But FWIW, there seem to be very few cars out there today that have complete same color interiors.

My '11 G37, even with red leather seats, only had black at the dashboard and below. Upper pillars and headliner are the off-white in our RAMs.

My wife's '15 Lexus is the same way. The only car I could find with a solid color interior when looking for hers was the ES350 in tan interior. It actually got tan pillar post covers and tan headliner.

OP
OP
circuitguy

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
They don't exist but the new 2500 regular cab big horns come with a black headliner if you get the sport appearance package. Same cab so the A and B pillars should fit but they changed the overhead console area so I don't know about the hole area for that.

View attachment 182461

Are the new 2019 Ram 2500 Regular Cabs still the 4th gen body's?

hdoggie24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Im trying to do the same thing as well. If we could get the black pillars at least that would a start. I'm also curious about the 2019 2500 regular cabls being the same as our 4th gens??

OP
OP
circuitguy

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
@circuitguy

This.

The Rebel Black Edition is not available in a regular cab. Making the headliner in black is easy its getting the b-pillars in black, that's the problem.

Eric-H

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L diesel
Finally got a parts list back from all mopar parts ...

Eric

6BN44TX7AG Right A Pillar (Black/Red)
6BN45TX7AG Left A Pillar (Black/Red)
6DQ04TX7AF Right B Pillar Upper (Black/Red)
6DQ05TX7AG Left B Pillar Upper (Black/Red)
6EK58TX7AB Right B Pillar Lower (Black/Red)
6EK59TX7AB Left B Pillar Lower (Black/Red)
6NL68TX7AB Right B Pillar Lower Cover (Black/Red)
6NL69TX7AB Left B Pillar Lower Cover (Black/Red)
6BN38TX7AB Right C Pillar Upper (Black/Red)
6BN39TX7AB Left C Pillar Upper (Black/Red)
6RT28TX7AA Right C Pillar Upper Plug (Black/Red)
6RT29TX7AA Left C Pillar Upper Plug (Black/Red)
6BN42TX7AB Right C Pillar Lower (Black/Red)
6BN43TX7AB Left C Pillar Lower (Black/Red)
6BP11TX7AE Sun Visor Right (Black/Red)
6BP12TX7AE Sun Visor Left (Black/Red)
6EJ991X7AF Overhead Console

hdoggie24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7

Eric

Wait????? Do these parts actually work in a regular cab truck? Says black/red but wouldn't the pillars be all black? This is good info but do these rebel parts fit regular cabs?

Eric-H

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L diesel
These are crew cab part #s but you can atleast use the a pillar, sun visors, and over head console (I know this is of limited help but I'm looking to do the same thing for my crew cab)... the rest you'll hafta find a regular cab like you guys were talking about above, grab the vin and contact the guys at all mopar parts and get the remaining b pillar ...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

hdoggie24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Thanks for the tip. Yea I at least want to do the a and b pillars and sunvisors. I can wait on headliner I think but having it all black would look so good

OP
OP
circuitguy

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI

Eric

Great job with this list.

The problem I have with my Ram regular cab is getting the "B" pillars and the headliner in black. Everything else I can get from a Limited or Rebel truck. I usually just pull the vin from a truck I need part from but i have never seen a regular cab with a black headliner. I have searched online for hours trying to find one. Has anyone seen one? Any year 4th gen will do. Very frustrating.

IMG_0332.JPG

Eric-H

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L diesel

The problem I have with my Ram regular cab is getting the "B" pillars and the headliner in black. Everything else I can get from a Limited or Rebel truck. I usually just pull the vin from a truck I need part from but i have never seen a regular cab with a black headliner. I have searched online for hours trying to find one. Has anyone seen one? Any year 4th gen will do. Very frustrating.

View attachment 184238
I'm all about DIY but have you gotten a quote from an upholstery shop to change it ?

OP
OP
circuitguy

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I'm all about DIY but have you gotten a quote from an upholstery shop to change it ?

I would rather get a factory headliner but may need to get mine covered in black. Its the 'B' pillars that I cant find.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine

View attachment 184238

I've owned a couple regular cab trucks,and know a few more,and off the top of my head I don't ever remember see'ing one with an all black interior,and that includes a couple trucks that are black .Wonder if you could dye the pieces you want black that aren't available in black.