Body Armor Front Bumper - need skid plate solution

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DB Cooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 ETORQ
Truck is a '22 BigHorn 4x4 with 33 inch tires.

I had a reputable shop install a few things including the Body Armor Ambush Series front bumper, it looks great. It turns out, this bumper does not have a skid plate for a '22 Ram and the 4x4 shop that did the work, cannot find a solution. The help I'm looking for is:

1). Does anyone have a recommendation that would fit this bumper? I at least want to protect the front of the engine which is now wide open.
2). Is there a shop in the Fremont, CA area that can custom weld some material for me? I can see it would be straight forward to mount flat stock and be able to weld into it.

As it relates to the shop that did the work on my truck, they were terrible to deal with. They ordered wrong parts, installed and wired the lights incorrectly, installed the switches where I told them not to, left the front parking sensors unsecured, etc. Everything had to be redone. Now that I'm out of there, I wouldn't go back if they were offering free lift kits and installs. Wouldn't trust them to work on a bicycle. As is relates to not having a compatible skid plate, that's mostly my fault for not making certain is was part of the kit. I assumed it was, my fault, my fault.

Advice / help is appreciated!