Clock Spring or LIN BUS 2?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kusanation

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Okay... so last year May 2023 I started having issues on my 2013 Dodge Ram 5.7L Hemi. Specifically, I was running into issues with:

- Heated steering wheel would turn on and then turn off within 20 seconds. Over the course of two weeks, this eventually led into my buttons on my steering wheel to stop working and my horn to stop working.

I took it to an electrical auto shop and the mechanic told me it was a clock spring issue. We changed out the clock spring and it fixed the issue.

FAST FORWARD to today....

My heated steering wheel is acting up again in the same way it did before, it has not led to the buttons or horn acting up yet but I have contacted the shop that did the work as I only have a one (1) year warranty on the parts and labour. Upon contacting the mechanic shop. He was telling me that it might not be the clock spring this time and it might be a LIN BUS 2 code. I explained to him that it's the exact same issue as a year before.

My question is: Could it be possible that it is not the clock spring again considering the issue is the exact same? Could it be possible that it was never the clock spring to begin with? I appreciate any feedback. The truck is a 2013 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi BigHorn with 155KM on it. Ive been having issues with it. Is it best to fix this and sell it while I can?

Thanks!

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Have you run diagnostics for any codes? Fixing things seldom return the money invested, if you want to sell just sell.

OP
OP
K

Kusanation

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
No the mechanic said he did and said it read a LIN BUS 2 code but when I asked what the specifc code was he said he will have to look through the paper work and let me know. Is there any other way I can run diagnostics for any codes on my own?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
funwrecker