Can bus connectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jvcrypto88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have been having some issues where my front door windows don't go down My radio will stop working and my heat will be on and I can't turn it off I found that there is a can bus connector on the passenger side kick panel and when I move that around everything starts working again I went and purchased a new can bus connector and plugged it in and when I plugged it in nothing happened. I'm not sure if these connectors need to be programmed or not or if they are basically just plug and play. If they don't need to be programmed then I might have a faulty one. Does anybody know if these need to be programmed?

Attachments

• 20240511_180053.jpg
    20240511_180053.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 4
OP
OP
J

Jvcrypto88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well I figured it out I popped the panel off of the new one and found that there was a solder points that were making contact with each other so I took the soldering gun and removed the little bridge between the two and that took care of it. If anybody has to replace these double check to make sure the soldering points are all not touching each other.