Driver Seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hogfish823

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
With the new Ram 1500 and 2500 the dash for driver has changed. They both have a dip down in front of your right knee. It's where the shift knob is or 4x4 buttons. Being 6'10" tall that change makes my knee touch the dash. It's not comfortable or safe.

Has anyone moved driver Seat back a bit?
What is involved in doing so? Is safety compromised?
If you paid someone to do it what did it cost?

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I would only guess that you would need to a reliable Auto Body Shop.
I would be looking for a shop that works on Classic Vehicles & Hot Rods.

Maybe just moving the Seats Sliding Rail back a bit, or extending it, would do it.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
With the new Ram 1500 and 2500 the dash for driver has changed. They both have a dip down in front of your right knee. It's where the shift knob is or 4x4 buttons. Being 6'10" tall that change makes my knee touch the dash. It's not comfortable or safe.

Has anyone moved driver Seat back a bit?
What is involved in doing so? Is safety compromised?
If you paid someone to do it what did it cost?
There are Accessibility/Mobility modification shops (think wheelchair accessible) that have all sorts of bespoke modifications for situations like this. If you don't have a power seat a quick fix might be adding one and lowering it with the motor to it's lowest level. Very easy to swap seats...

teddy Charlery

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I believe the airbag just blows right through the stitching...
It looks like OM has a Kevlar pocket stitched to the covering and is partially secured under the airbag module by the bolt. The new covering does not have that attachment.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerred17