Interesting Features, but do I have them???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FriedDumpling

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Reading through an owner’s manual on my 2015 Big Horn. Saw some Rams are equipped with Auto Tilt on the side mirrors (when reversing) others also have Auto Brights for their headlamps.

These options reserved for certain trim lines? Never saw them before!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I believe if you have those options you can find them by scrolling through information center on your dash. You should have the option to turn them on and off. My '14 Big Horn doesn't have them.

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reading through an owner’s manual on my 2015 Big Horn. Saw some Rams are equipped with Auto Tilt on the side mirrors (when reversing) others also have Auto Brights for their headlamps.

These options reserved for certain trim lines? Never saw them before!

If you have powerfold mirrors I would think you would have the tilt option. I've only seen Laramie/Sport or higher trims with with auto-dimming headlights. If you live in an area with a good bit of traffic they kind of suck and your going to get flashed from time to time because sometimes they don't dim quite fast enough, especially if the car coming towards you has ****** headlights in its own right.
If you have the Uconnect 8.4 the option should be in there like Loudram said.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you have powerfold mirrors I would think you would have the tilt option. I've only seen Laramie/Sport or higher trims with with auto-dimming headlights. If you live in an area with a good bit of traffic they kind of suck and your going to get flashed from time to time because sometimes they don't dim quite fast enough, especially if the car coming towards you has ****** headlights in its own right.
If you have the Uconnect 8.4 the option should be in there like Loudram said.
You need mirrors with memory capability for them to auto fold in reverse. Limited mostly to the really high end trims (longhorn, limited, etc).

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
I don't care for the mirrors tilting in reverse. I can't see far enough back when they do that That's just me though

OP
OP
F

FriedDumpling

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I can’t speak to the RAM experience with the tilting. I had another car that did have the feature, thought it was pretty “smart”.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I don't care for the mirrors tilting in reverse. I can't see far enough back when they do that That's just me though
my charger has this feature and I turned it off for the same reason

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I kinda wanted the tilt in reverse to help find parking spot lines when backing up, but not imperative. I missed a set of memory mirrors for $150 because I just wasnt sure they would work (seller didnt know and didnt have a RAM to test them with). Looking back, I should have just bought them!

@OP as far as the auto high beam goes, you CAN add it but the parts and wiring required vary based on what your truck was equipped with from the factory. It looks like "from the factory" it was limited to Sport, Laramie, Longhorn and Limited.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I kinda wanted the tilt in reverse to help find parking spot lines when backing up, but not imperative. I missed a set of memory mirrors for $150 because I just wasnt sure they would work (seller didnt know and didnt have a RAM to test them with). Looking back, I should have just bought them!

@OP as far as the auto high beam goes, you CAN add it but the parts and wiring required vary based on what your truck was equipped with from the factory. It looks like "from the factory" it was limited to Sport, Laramie, Longhorn and Limited.
auto high beam is another feature i don't use (on the ram this time) With the halogen bulbs it worked fine, but once I put in HID's they are so much brighter that they reflect off signs and then the sensor thinks there is an oncoming car and switches to low beams. Gets annoying when it is constantly switching from hi to low beam on its own when there are no other cars around.

OP
OP
F

FriedDumpling

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
An Acura is where I first saw the feature, should be standard on all vehicles with powered mirrors IMO.

My wifes 2003 TL had it and I liked it there, her 2015 Lexus ES350 has it as well but Im not a huge fan...it will only work to tilt down the mirror that you have selected in the adjustment section (i.e. L or R but not both).

Pretty sure the RAM implementation is to tilt both. I shoulda bought that darn set of mirrors! Would be nice to see the parking space lines as I back up....the camera is fine if there is enough room to pull into an aisle and straighten out, but not if its cramped.

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
Look at the view from the back up camera?

My son's Acura has the tilting mirrors when in reverse and I think it's a great feature.

I do that too. I get a better view without the mirrors tilting and using the camera for the closer stuff. To each their own I suppose. Some people prolly love the feature