Low Mile 2002 Camaro Z28

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Udy2554

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Damn he must of been in the 8's,if they were booting him for no cage,as the NHRA rules don't require a cage till 8.99 on late model toys for the last couple years
VERY low 8s!

He had to let off 100 yards or so before finishing his first run after getting it back from upgrades and tune! Broke traction at close to 160mph! He said it was quite the pucker!:-0

Last edited:

Udy2554

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They get expensive at that speed,lol. What all did he have done to it,and was he running 17's or 15's on the rear
I don’t know for sure! He was running MTs with minimal tread! I know he drove it there on whatever he ran! He did not drive it if there was any chance of rain!
Maybe ET somethings if I remember correctly! It’s been a few years!

He stopped racing a while back! Diabetes took a lot of his vision away! He’s had type 1 most of his life! That, and some other health issues finally took him at 50yrs last September!

Udy2554

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They get expensive at that speed,lol. What all did he have done to it,and was he running 17's or 15's on the rear
Oh, heads, cam, crank, pistons, SC pulley, injectors, fuel pump!

If I remember, just over 1200hp? I know it was 1008hp at the wheels!

JHoward

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Liter
OP
OP
Treburkulosis

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
@Wild one I had heard they were soft on the new cars. When I was really big into drag racing 20 plus years ago, 1/8th mile rules were 8.99 helmet 7.99 cage. I used to get kicked out for no cage. If you can find it on YouTube. I will have to search, Pinks all out 06. I dont remember what month it was I believe August of September. My red Foxbody GT is shown at the beginning making a pass. I didn't make the sweet 16 which sucked. I was number 19 at the end of the day... I was at a swap meet a few months ago and found a pinks all out t shirt. I bought it lol.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
@Wild one I had heard they were soft on the new cars. When I was really big into drag racing 20 plus years ago, 1/8th mile rules were 8.99 helmet 7.99 cage. I used to get kicked out for no cage. If you can find it on YouTube. I will have to search, Pinks all out 06. I dont remember what month it was I believe August of September. My red Foxbody GT is shown at the beginning making a pass. I didn't make the sweet 16 which sucked. I was number 19 at the end of the day... I was at a swap meet a few months ago and found a pinks all out t shirt. I bought it lol.
A few years ago NHRA changed the rules for late model cars from 9.99 to 8.99 for a cage,up here my local track requires a helmut for everything,but i think NHRA doesn't techinically require a helmut till 13.99,and a driveshaft loop isn't required until you hit 11.99 or are running slicks,i could be wrong on the last couple,as i haven't picked up a new rulebook for the last 2 years.