Over heating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

christians4hope

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 vvt
2017 ram 1500 vvt 3.6
New thermostat, cap, water pump, radiator

So when idling it's 2217-224 degrees like normal
When I drive if at low RPM going about 55mph everything is ok. If I have to pass or go up a hill longer than 10secs and then let off. The temperature will rise to about 240-260
After it reaches temp, if I coast, keeping low RPM it will quickly go back to normal.

It's funny how fast it will go up in temp then back down if I cost. But this issue came 8 days after changing the thermostat. We had the truck on a slant, and ran for about 30 mins with cap off. So no, it's not air. I've also changed anything it could be.... What is wrong

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Read the 8000 other overheating threads. Take the thermostat back out and test it to see if it actually opens where it is supposed to. Non-OEM are about 50% bad, even the OEM have a fairly high failure rate even new. Next suspect would be the water pump, reman and non-OEM of those, often are defective.

Last edited: