ParkSense 2018 Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ram1500LoneStar18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello,

I am having issues with my 2018 Ram 1500 front parking sensors. The sensors work just fine as I put the truck in reverse and as I am slowing down (while in Drive) to an upcoming obstacle/object (car, garage, etc.) in front of me. However, as I am driving 15+ miles per hour, the "service front parksense" error message pops up on my dash and will stay lit up until I begin decelerating as I approach an object in front of me.

I just installed a brand new OEM wiring harness and I continue to get the message. Has anyone experienced this before? Any thoughts on what diagnostics I could try on my own to resolve this?

I don't believe there is an issue with the sensors themselves but I could be wrong.

OP
OP
R

Ram1500LoneStar18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No I have not been able to resolve it yet. I checked all the fuses and replaced the wiring harness and I still get the same error. The parksense “service” messages goes on and off as I’m driving.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
All you need is one bad sensor, or one that is going bad for that to happen. You can get a new OEM one and replace them sequentially till you find the bad one. You can also test the sensors with a multi meter. Set Ohms to 20, red on pin one, balck on pin 2, should see about 9-10 Ohms of resistance. (The pins are numbered, you can see them with a magnifying glass or the camera on your pone, usually 1 bottom right, two top pin in triangle, 3 is bottom left.) If you get no resistance or very low resistance, you may have to set Ohms to your highest setting to see this, then the sensor is faulty or becoming faulty.

JackSparrow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2015 Ram 1500 Laramie.
Tested all 6 front sensors. My pins are not in a triangle but rather a line. Pins labeled as shown in the photo.
Picture1.jpg
For all 6 sensors, R1-3 = 50 Kohm, R1-2 ranges from 132 Kohm to 143 Kohm, and R2-3 = ranges from 186 Kohm to 194 Kohm. These resistance values are not near 9-10 ohms. I suspect my parts are different than the ones you are describing Dean2.

I bought a set of replacements from 1AAuto and the resistance values R1-3 = 2.2K, R1-2 = 34K, R2-3 = 37K.

My OEM sensor info.
IMG_1471.jpg

oe542bob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
Did that fix your issue JackSparrow?

JackSparrow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No, the replacements did not fix the problem. Looking for other ideas to find a fix.

JackSparrow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bought a $38 sensor from Autozone (Bosch part 0263043552). Dealer wanted $239 for the same part. Electrically it measured the same as the OEM parts. Was going to replace one sensor at a time until the problem was fixed and got lucky the first time. The bad sensor, while having the same resistances, had a dent in it from a stone. Painted it silver and all fixed.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
I am glad that my suggestion worked but you say it matched the OEM sensor for resistance yet the numbers you posted above are quite a ways off each other. Was this a different set than the single Bosche you ended up with?

JackSparrow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OEM parts are Bosch. 1st set of replacements were of unknown manufacture from 1AAuto. They had lower R than the OEM parts. They did not work and will be returned.

The Bosch replacement from Auotzone, while not the exact Bosch PN, measured the same as the Bosch sensors on the truck and worked fine. I only replaced 1 of the 6 front sensors. BTW, AZ's system indicates that the sensor is for the rear bumper. They sell a separate part from GP Sorensen for the front includes the silicone ring for $60. But the sensor is actually the same Bosch sensor. I simply reused the silicone ring that was already on the truck.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Good to know. Thanks for the clarification.
I figured you might have problems with the set where the resistance was so different than OEM.

Site-r

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500
Engine
Cummings 6.7
Bought a $38 sensor from Autozone (Bosch part 0263043552). Dealer wanted $239 for the same part. Electrically it measured the same as the OEM parts. Was going to replace one sensor at a time until the problem was fixed and got lucky the first time. The bad sensor, while having the same resistances, had a dent in it from a stone. Painted it silver and all fixed.
Thanks JackSparrow. I went to autozone and bought your recommended sensors for my 2017 Ram 2500. The only problem was, after installing the new sensors,I had to get the DTC code reset before parking sense worked correctly.

Site-r

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500
Engine
Cummings 6.7
I took the four removed sensors and tested their resistance, one had low resistance, so was bad. I will put the other three in the truck to test them when the weather gets better. If they test out, I will have a Ram factory sensor which will be available if someone needs one.

Site-r

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500
Engine
Cummings 6.7
The three which checked out electrically also work fine in the truck.
So, I have a factory sensor which they painted silver available if someone needs one.

Site-r

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500
Engine
Cummings 6.7
The three which checked out electrically also work fine in the truck.
So, I have a factory sensor which they painted silver available if someone needs one.
The sensor is taken .
Thanks.

RobStarMafia

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bought a $38 sensor from Autozone (Bosch part 0263043552).
I've had an error message for my front parking sensor on my 2018 Lone Star ever since I purchased it back in May of 2022... I could clearly see a bad dent in one of my front parking sensors, so I figured I'd replace that one first. I bought the part number you have listed above from my local AutoZone just a few hours ago for $54. I spray painted it silver, swapped it out, and sure enough... the error message went away! All of my parking sensors are now working as they should! it would not let me turn the function on before. I just wanted to pop in on this old thread and say thanks! By the way... it says on AutoZone's website that it will not fit my 2018... it does! I'm good to go! Everything is working as it should. Thanks again!