Radio dies randomly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cessna94

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello all. I have a 2013 1500 4.7. I bought it about a year ago and have come across an issue that I have been unable to solve. When I bought the truck the OEM radio did not work. I assumed it was a bad radio and bought a cheap replacement from Crutchfield. That worked well until driving one day and the radio quit along with the wipers coming on randomly. I had to pull the fuse for the radio in order to get it to come back on. Again, I made an assumption and believed it to be the TIPM. I replaced the TIPM and thought that it had fixed the problem as it did not come back for over 5 months until yesterday when the radio again died. I pulled the fuse again, but first checked power and the fuse was getting a full 12 volts. Reinstalling the fuse brought the radio back to life. What I don't understand is what am I resetting by pulling the fuse? Has anyone else come across this issue before?

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Check under the fuse box for rust, could be bad contacts.