Squeaking noise after the truck is off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
If it’s not the radio try listening around the passenger footwell area. Occasionally on my 2018 the blend doors readjust position and groan or squeak.
That was my thought, pull the cabin air filter out and see if you have mice setting up house., that would also help to check blend door noise, but that should only be just after a shut down.

Lloyd33

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8.0L V10
This sounds like a fan bearing failure to me. There is a small cooling fan (similar to a CPU or PC case cooling fan on a computer.. but much, much smaller) integrated into the 'stereo' that kicks on and off based on the temperature of the head unit. It's usually so quiet that you can't hear it unless the vehicle isn't running (or the bearing is going out). :burnout:

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
This sounds like a fan bearing failure to me. There is a small cooling fan (similar to a CPU or PC case cooling fan on a computer.. but much, much smaller) integrated into the 'stereo' that kicks on and off based on the temperature of the head unit. It's usually so quiet that you can't hear it unless the vehicle isn't running (or the bearing is going out). :burnout:
Do you have a picture? I've been in these radios many times and haven't seen anything resembling a fan. All passively cooled heat sinks...

1714413499927.jpeg1714413518013.jpeg1714413532920.jpeg

Lloyd33

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8.0L V10
Not this model specifically, no. Sorry. It was more of a general 'these types of touch screen display stereo / all-in-one climate control / do-everything' center consoles tend to have cooling fans. And when those fans go out, they sound *exactly* like the sound in the OP's video.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Not this model specifically, no. Sorry. It was more of a general 'these types of touch screen display stereo / all-in-one climate control / do-everything' center consoles tend to have cooling fans. And when those fans go out, they sound *exactly* like the sound in the OP's video.
No worries, I was just wondering if there was something I missed!

OP
OP
W

white17ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
My 2017 ram has been making a squeaking noise after the truck has been sitting with out being turned on. It doesn't seem to be a coolant leak or any bearings that could be making the noise as it hasn't been turned on for hours before making the issue comes up Any ideas what the issue could be here? I attached a video for reference.

Update: after everyone's suggestions I think it's been narrowed down to the radio. After pulling and replacing the fuse, the noise happens less frequently and in shorter intervals. It doesn't seem to cause a parasitic draw on the battery so I will leave it be for now. Thank you all.