Truck won't start - gauges flickering - HELP!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

motogplvr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys never had this issue before. I have an 05 1500 4x4 SLT w/ the 5.7 engine. I tried to start the truck (it was already running fine today for about 30 miles) and it won't turn over. All the gauges are flickering every second or two. My key less entry doesn't do anything. It's really strange. If i try to turn the ignition more lights on the dash come on but it doesn't turn over and they seem to jump a little as well.

What is wrong? I tried searching the internet and forums and I don't see anything.

I don't think the battery is dead..it has never given me any issues and cranks like a champ every time. HELP please I need my truck to move this weekend!

BAILEY1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 2500
Engine
Dat Cummins!
It definitely sounds like the battery to me. Is it making a clicking noise when you try and start the the truck?

moparman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
My truck started fine every day until a cell in the battery went bad and it wouldnt do anything. Replaced the battery and all has been good

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
Blow the horn. Does it sound odd? If so the battery is down. Our hemi's are sensitive to battery condition. If not the battery then it's a ground or battery connector. Remove clean and inspect. Good luck...

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Sounds like battery is drained but alternator could have been cause so check that too.

$miley

Ramunit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Without a doubt, dead cell in battery. When these batteries go they just puke on the spot, one minute your fine the next it's gone. It's not like the old days before computers when you could tell your battery was on it's way out. PCM's require a steady voltage regularly so when the battery suddenly dies the truck reacts with a gauge light show and possessed . Replace and rejoice!

Last edited:

05singlecabHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
i had the same thing happen to my 05. ended up being the connector to the battery. would start up just fine, then will start it later in the day and it wouldnt. try twisting the connector just a little and see if it works. Thats what I had to do before i replaced it.