TRYING TO INSTALL A RA2 FROM A 2018 RADIO IN A 2014, NO VOLUME

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TW1ST3D

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RAM 1500 Quad
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Good Afternoon Fellow Ram Owners!

I purchased a RA2 radio out of a 2018 and have installed it in a 2014 Express. Everything works (Sirius, BU Camera and all menus) but the volume won't work. No Volume bar. The volume bar will show for a second if I push the mute button then turn the volume knob but only for a fleeting second. Can this be fixed through AlphaOBD (the radio shows the original VIN of the Ram it came from). The seller assured me that the unit was tested thoroughly and that it worked prior to shipping. Any help will be appreciated! Thanks in advance.

reddawg67

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
try pulling the fuse by the brake booster or disconnect the battery for about 30 minutes for a reset. The one by the brake booster is in a inline fuse holder look hard for it. If that doesn't work try taking it for a 30 minute drive sometimes these trucks are more picky than crazy ex gf!when i sold my ra 2 the had installed ende up driving it to work and it was working on the way home go figure

OP
OP
TW1ST3D

TW1ST3D

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RAM 1500 Quad
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Thanks for the reply. I tried both of those ideas and still nothing. Do I need to adjust some settings with alphaOBD? I saw a screen that still shows the donor trucks VIN. I also forgot to mention in the first post that I am replacing a VP2 unit with the RA2……that may make all the difference.

Last edited: