Weird tail light issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GreenGoblin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just picked up a 2000 ram 1500 4x4 and I'm having a weird issue with the tail light. The passenger side tail light doesn't work but the brake light and blinker both work. Seems like if it was a fuse BOTH tail lights would be out and If it was just the bulb then the blinker and brake light wouldn't work either. Not real sure what could be the issue, any advice?

lpennock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L & 6.7L Cummins
Most likely the bulb. The Brake Light and Turn Signal use one filament and the Tail light uses a different filament.

OP
OP
GreenGoblin

GreenGoblin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Most likely the bulb. The Brake Light and Turn Signal use one filament and the Tail light uses a different filament.
The bulbs were the first things I changed, maybe I got a bad bulb though.

lpennock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L & 6.7L Cummins
Check the socket for corrosion since you already did bulbs.

Reactions: Mop
OP
OP
GreenGoblin

GreenGoblin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I checked for corrosion, also checked for loose or broken wires. No luck so far.

lpennock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L & 6.7L Cummins
Do you have AlfaOBD by any chance? If so you could check to see what codes the Body module is reporting.

Otherwise it is time to get the multi-meter out and start checking the voltages at the pins.