factory trailer brake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uniontrooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500 Tradesman 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I have a 2017 Dodge Tradesman 2500 Cummins 6.7. I pull a 30 ft fifth wheel 10600 lbs empty. Question as to trailer brake usage : heavy electric over hydraulic? I have tried heavy electric only, seemed to work ok, but not immediate stoppage.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Try light electric and see what happens.

Is your trailer new or just out of winter storage? Are the trailer brakes drum or disc?

Swampfox

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2017 Dodge Tradesman 2500 Cummins 6.7. I pull a 30 ft fifth wheel 10600 lbs empty. Question as to trailer brake usage : heavy electric over hydraulic? I have tried heavy electric only, seemed to work ok, but not immediate stoppage.

Yep...it sucks...forums are full of this topic. Seems some people have no problem at all and some people have all kinds of issues. I believe there is a computer flash that has come out to remedy this but with mixed results. I have found that if I connect the trailer electrical connection with the truck running there is less issues and seems to work properly. Mine is set pretty heavy 6.5 - 7.0 and I have about same weight as you.