Tekonsha Prodigy P3 in factory controller bezel?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CZSteve

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Anyone have a link of the forum / thread where a gentleman installed a Tekonsha Prodigy P3 in the dash bezel that is normally used for the integrated factory brake controller.
I have a 2009 along with already having a P3 controller; recall the basics of what he did but would like to review the thread if anyone can dig up a link.

Thanks,
Steve

Sweetee

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Thanks so much for sharing this. I'm in the process of getting a tandem axle trailer and am looking to get the Tekonsha. Since I don't have both TB plugs, I think this'll be a good solution.

Sweetee

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I got my Tekonsha over the weekend. The bezel from the dealership cost just over $7.00. I appreciate the You Tube video(Thanks CZSteve) and got some great pointers from it. However, I decided that I wanted the TBC just a bit closer, so I mounted it as such. This way, I didn't have to cut an oval in the bottom of the bezel. I fashioned some straps from some leftover stock I had and attached the staps to both sides of the Tekonsha and then bolted the straps to the bezel. I still need to apply some black paint to the screws and readjust the foam insulation that fills the opening. Now I just need to get my new trailer! :Big Laugh:

Attachments

• TBC.jpg
    TBC.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 701
Last edited: