Travel Trailer, Here We Come, Maybe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

Sargehah

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I actually used stockers to pull and recently switched to load range E 33x12.5x20. Rides stiffer but I personally like it. the stock tires did fine however I got tired of going to the tires shop every week to fix a hole. The last straw was when a pebble punctured my tire. Went straight to tire shop and put on those mud tires lol no worries now.

You put a lift on too then I assume, or are you running 33's with no lift?

OilfieldLife

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
33s no lift and no rubbing issues however it is 4x4 so might have a little extra clearance? Not sure with our trucks

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
OilfieldLife, knows his ****! He speak truth! Having a semi pass you is a little nerve racking at first, but once you get used to it, you see them coming, and anticipate what's going to happen then it's all gravy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OilfieldLife

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wouldn't say I know my **** lol. 21 year old with about 200,000 miles under my belt. Just first learned how to drive when I had to start launching the boat at 10 yrs old lol. But pulling the TT is easy once you get the hang of it. I wouldn't drop a whole lot of cash on a new camper however. Go used you can pick one up a year or two earlier model for about 40% off what you'd pay for a new one

develand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
You put a lift on too then I assume, or are you running 33's with no lift?

The stock 20s that come on some trucks equal out to 33s. So no rubbing issues.

Having been a semi driver for awhile, I can't count the number of times people got campers too big for their truck. With the wind blowing they were all over the road, back end sagging extremely low and just overall struggling. Granted a big portion is knowing how to load a trailer and spending good money on a hitch. Also, I would not push the max towing of the truck. Leave some give space. Just my thoughts.

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Afmoulton how well those airbags help? Might be something to look into as well Sarge

They work great, I still want a little more, so I'm going to opt for the springs too, but with/without, almost night and day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OilfieldLife

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The stock 20s that come on some trucks equal out to 33s. So no rubbing issues.

Having been a semi driver for awhile, I can't count the number of times people got campers too big for their truck. With the wind blowing they were all over the road, back end sagging extremely low and just overall struggling. Granted a big portion is knowing how to load a trailer and spending good money on a hitch. Also, I would not push the max towing of the truck. Leave some give space. Just my thoughts.

The only rubbing that I worried about was the 12.5" wide tire. You are right though the stock tires were right at 33" at 60 I have about a 2 mph diff on speedo compared to gps