Best Shock?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JiB-z

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
My truck has surpassed the 100,000 mile mark and I am looking into buying new shocks for it later next year and am wondering what is the best shock. My truck is mostly street driven but gets taken into the woods to haul wood out and do a little muding on occasion (no rock climbing or anything, just field running). I heard the Rancho RS5000 are good but some people say they are too soft. I want a shock that makes it feel like I'm riding in a heavy duty dodge truck but not so rough it rides like and M1 Abrams tank. Just wandering what you guys think is a little beefier than the stock 1500 shocks, not too interested in the smooth woman ride so I can put on my makeup and drive. Its a truck.

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I'm sure someone will chime in shortly

FlaglerMegacab4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ive heard great things about the Bilstein 5100's that's what I plan on going to. I have their dampner and it was 100 times better than the Rancho it replaced.

OP
OP
JiB-z

JiB-z

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Does anyone know of a place where you can get pre built struts that have new Moog coil springs. Not the quick lift ones or anything because I already put an HBS leveling kit under the front end. So far I've found one place local that can get me new struts built but only with Monroe gas magnums which are at the stiffness of a tank.

C.Carmichael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I agree with the manf. The Monroe load adjusting are what's going in my truck next