Gooseneck or Tow Behind?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Ok, I know the obvious answer. But I have an issue here. To start off with I bought the Cummins since my old red truck will become a play toy. That's all fine and dandy. I have a tow behind heavy duty trailer to tow it around no problem. But my friends and I are looking into building a goose neck to be able to haul 2 trucks or cars from place to place. At the moment the tow behind could accommodate 2 trucks but I'm worried about the weight on the truck. Trailer is home built and it is rated about 25k. We are looking at hauling my red truck and an 85 bronco. So after looking at weight on both the load will be about 12k and the trailer is at 2200 so total trailer load on the tow behind is 14k. I think that is gonna be a bit much for the factory tow setup but I want other opinions. I am trying to convince my buddies to jump on the goose neck and get it built but if I want to go wheeling before thats done I only have the one trailer. So thoughts?? Would the stock ******* be able to do it without chance of detonation?

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
2200 lbs sounds super light for a gooseneck
My bumper pull trailer rated for 14k lbs weighs 3k lbs

OP
OP
Bigtman07

Bigtman07

Reaction score