Truck Gotta Workout

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Well even after a 2k Mile journey around the states the truck got another workout this weekend. So here is the story. Apparently while I was cruising around Texas and a few other states we had a storm come through the mid west and hit home. Had some high winds and some rain. It apparently knocked down some trees at the Girlfriends Grandparents' house. So when we got back we set a date to go clean up. A buddy of mine that is a furd guy, has a wood stove and wanted the wood. So he brought over his 250 and his buddies dak to take the wood to his house. I brought the truck of course. Keep in mind the truck was still decked out in full road gear. Topper blankets tools and what not in the bed. Well needless to say I had to take the top off to get the wood in and clean the bed. So we loaded the 250 8' bed down, the dak to capacity, and my ram. All 3 were squattin a bit. the dak more than anything. Took that load. Then came back and picked up the rest. Which all fit in the 250. Then we had to go take 2 more trees down at my girlfriends house. One tree fit in the 250. the other... Well it was rotted in half. So we had to massage it down. Didn't want it to fall into the neighboring field so we put an 8' strap around the trunk about 8 feet up. Then a 35' chain then a 30' recovery strap. Finally hooked to my truck to pull the tree away from the fence. Buddy started to cut the tree well when he go to the middle the rotted half started to spin so he ran out of the way and I gunned it to pull it away. Well tree spun took out the fence missed my buddy broke the chain and sent the chain into the tailgate. Minor damage occurred. Loaded up another truck load and delivered that. So from all the work on the weekend we had 5 truck loads of wood. Productive weekend.

Sorry for the book but wanted all the details. No pics were taken due to the fact that the ladies were cold and didn't want to hold the camera. lol

ParrotHead FA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 magnum
Nice! I've actually done the same thing when I used to live on a farm in South Carolina. Had wood heat, and used the Ram to haul many loads of firewood out of the woods and pastures. I've had her loaded cab high with fresh cut logs, and she always hauled it like a trooper. Even used her to pull trees over the way you said. I also used to tow trailers loaded with animals or equipment. I've only got a 318, but I've made quite a few mods that help the power and fuel economy, including adding an engine oil cooler with active cooling (E fan) and active cooling on the trans cooler as well. I've dropped the engine operating temp to between 120-140 degrees, and done a tune and reprogramming based on that. Even when running offroad in high grass and through mud on a 97 degree day, or idling for long periods, it usually will only get up to around 138 degrees or so. I have found that engines running this cool have very little or no deposit buildup, and run FOREVER.
Dave

loki223

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
sucks about the ding man! and since no pics of the loads.....maybe some pics of the the damage or even the stumps....something. lol. this is a forum, we need pics...