88 w100 engine swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marksman

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 Ram 2500 4x4 SLT
Engine
V10
Hey everyone, been a while since I've been around. Last time I was here I asked questions about building a 360 for my 84 w150, which I have since sold. I put some dents in it and a really slow 273 and sold it for $2400 which was more than I paid for it.

I was on craigslist 2 days ago and saw this 88 w100 for sale about 20 minutes from me and I couldn't resist. It doesn't have an engine, radiator, or condenser in it, but I can handle that. Some ******* also cut the all of the wiring under the hood, got rid of the wiring and threw the connectors in the bed. Finding a complete under hood harness shouldn't be too difficult since these things are in yards everywhere. It did come with a new starter, new 100 amp alternator, new computer, has new tie rod ends and new brakes all the way around. Passenger door is a little wavy and the roof has a few dents (which mostly popped out with me hitting the roof with my fist around them) but it's straight otherwise and doesn't have a spot of rust everywhere on it.

Here it is:

It had a 318 in it, so I'll put one back in it to save buying a torque converter. I think it might be a lockup trans, but i'll have to pull the converter out and look at the input shaft.

I want to go back TBI with it. Will everything for the tbi bolt on to a 70s 318, or were the later blocks different? I know the intakes are the same but there may be holes for sensors it needs that aren't present on the earlier block.

Does anyone know if the under hood wiring is 88 specific? Would any 87-92 (or whenever they went to magnum) harness and injection plug in and work?

How bad of a deal do you think I got at $450?

Sorry for the jumbled post!

Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990